• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New Pressing Project Results Thread

146 posts in this topic

Why does it not surprise me you felt the need to answer for Matt? Or that you felt the need to point out the err of my mortal ways.

Pressing and Disclosure. I thought we all decided to try and keep these two issues, and all the arguments that go with them seperate(at least in this thread.) Asking Matt to follow through and elaborate on the results of the pressing thread is of course something I am interested in, not to mention something he said he would do. But this aint about me, or how I feel. Take me out the equation.

How about he does it for everyone else here?

Ballsy?..Scott the only one being ballsy here is you by assuming you are right all the time. Just because YOU say it was wrong to call most of Matts answers spin, does not make it fact to anyone but you. So you feel differently, that's fine. But please dont forget there was an equal amount of people that felt as I did, and told Matt as much. In the end it is just alot of opinions. I realize Matt doesn't really care what we say or think here. He runs his biz as he feels is best. And it is left to each person to decide how they feel about that. There is no point in belaboring that fact anymore. I was simply trying to move this discussion foward and asked Matt to return in the hopes he would just talk shop, to me, or to whoever would listen. I even said I would keep my big yap shut.

Stir the pot if you wanna.

Ze-

Now now, Kenny, it's not about me being right -- it's about me being really amazed that you have the chutzpah to expect that Matt will come share knowledge with you after how you and the photoshop-bozo-who-doesn't-have-enough-real-work-to-do took advantage of his offer and then tried to pillory him on the boards.

For the record, I turned down Matts offer to press my 3 books once the Hulk Annual #1 thread hit the fan. I realized to late I had no business taking him up on his offer since I was at odds with his business practice's. No matter how much I wanted to learn about pressing.

And if it was ballsy of me to ask him, then consider me Senior Ballzy. hi.gif I learned long ago, it never hurts to ask.

Now go make nice to Brad. Parody is a form of flattery..isnt it?

Ze-

I have to agree. You can't have it both ways and expect Matt to split hairs as fine as pressing vs disclosure. He has been ripped to shreds in several threads on here and you still expect him to come back to answer your questions? Get real guys. People involved in this "discussion" get totally worked up and forget how absolutely rude and disrespectful they all are to each other, almost on a daily basis. Honestly it's a pretty sad thing to watch.

So it is better to close the door completely because people dont always agree with you? Matt happens to be at the center of a very hot topic. There are going to be contrary opinions and comments in a situation like this.

But...this aint the place for this discussion, and besides we have said it all before anyways. I asked a question about a specific book, and also asked Matt to return. He can do with it what he wants. Why you or Scott care one iota I have no idea.

Ze-

I think that if you actually took the time to read through Matt's posts, you would find that neither ZeMan nor I insulted Matt. And I certainly wasn't insulting Matt's intelligence.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your griping.

Matt is an opportunist. He's smart. He's talented. I said in an earlier post that I have less of an issue with him as an individual than I do with the system in place.

Red

I have to agree. You can't have it both ways and expect Matt to split hairs as fine as pressing vs disclosure. He has been ripped to shreds in several threads on here and you still expect him to come back to answer your questions? Get real guys. People involved in this "discussion" get totally worked up and forget how absolutely rude and disrespectful they all are to each other, almost on a daily basis. Honestly it's a pretty sad thing to watch.

So it is better to close the door completely because people dont always agree with you? Matt happens to be at the center of a very hot topic. There are going to be contrary opinions and comments in a situation like this.

But...this aint the place for this discussion, and besides we have said it all before anyways. I asked a question about a specific book, and also asked Matt to return. He can do with it what he wants. Why you or Scott care one iota I have no idea.

Ze-

What would have to gain from returning? More flames and hurled insults? I care because I was interested in what he had to say since he is really the only one around here who actually knows anything worthwhile about the process. There are a dozen of you who love to go back and forth, but when someone comes on here who actually knows what the hell he is talking about he's chased off.

Here's a concept all of you should embrace. DON'T INSULT OTHER PEOPLE WHEN YOU WANT TO HAVE A "SERIOUS" DISCUSSION. This includes calling their ethics into question, saying they are immoral scammers, liars, spin doctors, thieves, reprobates, ect, ect, ect. Would you say those things to his face? If not, don't say them on here. Yes, it's possible to disagree with someone without being "softball" OR insulting. I just haven't seen much of it.

You are right about one thing, this isn't the place for this discussion. I will let you guys get back on topic.

thumbsup2.gif

Red is flat out calling him a liar, Zeman pulls his "project" books in protest after giving him a beatdown, yet still thinks he can politely ask Matt to come and tell him the "hows" and "whats" of his process after that, and complain that he doesn't? Ooooo-kay... screwy.gif

I'm interested in seeing how the books look after pressing, if that work is visible in a scan, if that work is detectable in person, and the types of defects that can really be fixed via pressing. So far, I'm getting some good feedback from this project and appreciate Matt taking the time, in spite of the mob. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I agree, but I went back and deleted my posts anyway. What's the point? Matt's gone and the mentality around here isn't going to change anytime soon. This will just result in some flame war, so I am out.

I will say that it's VERY sad how mean-spirited some people have become. FFB and Redhook need to give the animosity a rest. You both look worse and worse each time you engage in an attack on one another and it really detracts from any good points you make otherwise. I am not flaming you, just calling it how basically everyone sees it. You are both better than that (I think)(and hope). confused-smiley-013.gif

Ze-

What would have to gain from returning? More flames and hurled insults? I care because I was interested in what he had to say since he is really the only one around here who actually knows anything worthwhile about the process. There are a dozen of you who love to go back and forth, but when someone comes on here who actually knows what the hell he is talking about he's chased off.

Here's a concept all of you should embrace. DON'T INSULT OTHER PEOPLE WHEN YOU WANT TO HAVE A "SERIOUS" DISCUSSION. This includes calling their ethics into question, saying they are immoral scammers, liars, spin doctors, thieves, reprobates, ect, ect, ect. Would you say those things to his face? If not, don't say them on here. Yes, it's possible to disagree with someone without being "softball" OR insulting. I just haven't seen much of it.

You are right about one thing, this isn't the place for this discussion. I will let you guys get back on topic.

thumbsup2.gif

Red is flat out calling him a liar, Zeman pulls his "project" books in protest after giving him a beatdown, yet still thinks he can politely ask Matt to come and tell him the "hows" and "whats" of his process after that, and complain that he doesn't? Ooooo-kay... screwy.gif

I'm interested in seeing how the books look after pressing, if that work is visible in a scan, if that work is detectable in person, and the types of defects that can really be fixed via pressing. So far, I'm getting some good feedback from this project and appreciate Matt taking the time, in spite of the mob. 893naughty-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree, but I went back and deleted my posts anyway. What's the point? Matt's gone and the mentality around here isn't going to change anytime soon. This will just result in some flame war, so I am out.

I will say that it's VERY sad how mean-spirited some people have become. FFB and Redhook need to give the animosity a rest. You both look worse and worse each time you engage in an attack on one another and it really detracts from any good points you make otherwise. I am not flaming you, just calling it how basically everyone sees it. You are both better than that (I think). confused-smiley-013.gif

Animosity? I ignore Redhook most of the time. confused-smiley-013.gif Anyway, if my comment in response to his photoshop project bothered you or others, then sorry. flowerred.gif

I will say that it's VERY sad how mean-spirited some people have become. FFB and Redhook need to give the animosity a rest. You both look worse and worse each time you engage in an attack on one another and it really detracts from any good points you make otherwise. I am not flaming you, just calling it how basically everyone sees it. You are both better than that (I think). confused-smiley-013.gif

Animosity? I ignore Redhook most of the time. confused-smiley-013.gif Anyway, if my comment in response to his photoshop project bothered you or others, then sorry. flowerred.gif

It's nothing specific and no need to apologise, but you two always seem to be at each other's throats. It's just a little unfortunate as you both contribute a lot.

It's nothing specific and no need to apologise, but you two always seem to be at each other's throats. It's just a little unfortunate as you both contribute a lot.

He ALWAYS starts it with his photoshopping. poke2.gif

OK, OK, just kidding. yay.gif

Zeman pulls his "project" books in protest after giving him a beatdown, yet still thinks he can politely ask Matt to come and tell him the "hows" and "whats" of his process after that, and complain that he doesn't? Ooooo-kay... screwy.gif

I did not pull my books in protest, I only mentioned it one time. It was during the time when the Hulk Annual Missing Pedigree thread came out.That event cemented in my mind what I was avoiding all along, the problems I had with how Matt sold his books. Even though I wanted to take part in this little project I knew it was wrong of me to take advantage of an offer that I had no place accepting given how I felt.

If for some reason Matt has left the forum because he feels threatened, I wanted to try and ask him a question in a manner that was "non threatening". Matt does not owe me diddly squat ,I get that. I just asked him a question in an attempt to see if the door could be reopened that was closed for whatever reason. It was a question in front of everybody, to be shared with everyone not just a personal request for me only.

All you guys chose to do was take from my post what served your purpose, poking fun at me. Glad I could be such a souce of amusement for your little lunch table. thumbsup2.gif

Continue the fun without me. I will sit this one out and watch from the wings.

Ze-

Matt may be one of Scott's current worship-objects, but it doesn't take much to see that Matt was being less than honest with us. Of course he takes books apart and replaces staples in order to remove spine stress. If he had any real balls he would have owned up to it.

Brad, why are you still hung up on this staple thing? I'd like to know how it "doesn't take much" to see that I'm lying. It's like you're staring at a model ship in a bottle, and you think someone smashed the bottle and reglued the pieces back around the ship. You can't see the seams where the glass was glued, but you're convinced that's how it was done. Is it possible, just maybe, that I don't disassemble books?

Take some books you're convinced need disassembly to fix spine problems, photograph the prongs, and send them to me anonymously for pressing. You say you don't want to set up a sting operation on me, but I have nothing to hide. I'd rather we get this settled than you continue with these blind accusations.

And by the way my balls are very real, both of them. smile.gif

Zeman pulls his "project" books in protest after giving him a beatdown, yet still thinks he can politely ask Matt to come and tell him the "hows" and "whats" of his process after that, and complain that he doesn't? Ooooo-kay... screwy.gif

I did not pull my books in protest, I only mentioned it one time. It was during the time when the Hulk Annual Missing Pedigree thread came out.That event cemented in my mind what I was avoiding all along, the problems I had with how Matt sold his books. Even though I wanted to take part in this little project I knew it was wrong of me to take advantage of an offer that I had no place accepting given how I felt.

If for some reason Matt has left the forum because he feels threatened, I wanted to try and ask him a question in a manner that was "non threatening". Matt does not owe me diddly squat ,I get that. I just asked him a question in an attempt to see if the door could be reopened that was closed for whatever reason. It was a question in front of everybody, to be shared with everyone not just a personal request for me only.

All you guys chose to do was take from my post what served your purpose, poking fun at me. Glad I could be such a souce of amusement for your little lunch table. thumbsup2.gif

Continue the fun without me. I will sit this one out and watch from the wings.

Ze-

Hi Ze, I haven't gone anywhere. I break out my ham sandwich at lunch, and read the boards a couple days a week. I barely have enough time to get through a couple strings before the Oreos are gone. Posting is usually out of the question unless I see something I really feel I need to address.