• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New Pressing Project Results Thread

146 posts in this topic

Can I go look at my books on Monday? I wanted to take the weekend off...... confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

Besides, in the examples that Matt worked on, I believe he only did spot pressing of covers.......I know for sure that's what he did with my three examples. He didn't do any disassemble-first-pressing as far as I know.

Are you saying the disassemble-first-pressed books do have razor-like spines and are noticeably thinner?

I guess what I meant to say is that only an inexperienced presser would press the whole book (assembled) to improve creases along the spine area.

I believe that an experienced restoration expert would remove the cover first and press it, and then reassemble it. I also think a top RE knows how to remove and replace the staples correctly so as not to be detectable.