• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 81

9 posts in this topic

Here is the second GA Two-Face comic I just bought. Graded GVG (3.0) by the dealer. What do you think?

It has a 1" split on the top of the spine, a subscription crease down the middle, slight staple pop on the top staple, and other assorted creases & wear. Also, some staining on the front cover.

1274067-Batman81.JPG

1274068-Batman81back.JPG

Solid 3.0 for sure.

Norrin, you've picked up some nice looking low grade Two-Face appearances that you won't be afraid to read - I'm jealous as I've thought of doing the same , as it would run less than Joker covers, but I still have my low-grade Catwoman cover collection to complete-and that has been low on my priority list. One day.

Right on the money.Those Batman's from the mid 50's are some of the best art and stories of all time.The # 84(Catwoman) is one of my all time fav's.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Solid 3.0 for sure.

Norrin, you've picked up some nice looking low grade Two-Face appearances that you won't be afraid to read - I'm jealous as I've thought of doing the same, as it would run less than Joker covers, but I still have my low-grade Catwoman cover collection to complete-and that has been low on my priority list. One day.

I've been wanting to read all of the Two-Face stories since I read the first three in DC-20. When I found a dealer with most of them, I went a little nuts. Paid too much for them, but it's neat to finally get to read them.

Although, the cover on Tec 187 is so tenatively attached I'm considering returning it since I AM afraid to read it for fear that the cover will become detached.

My collecting focus for the next few years will be getting low-grade Joker and Penguin Batman comics for <$50 each. I enjoy their stories even more than Two-Face, but there were only four unreprinted GA Two-Face comics so I went for those first.

The dealer? James Payette. thumbsup2.gif

Curiously, I haven't found a Batman 50 on any dealer website. Is it rarer or more in demand? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif