• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do with this Batman #232?

25 posts in this topic

I received a copy of Batman #232 that was graded by the seller as a VF, it actually looks more like a VF/NM with one minor thing that the seller did not mention, the lower staple is detached from the cover foreheadslap.gif

I paid a little over $100 for it and can return it if I want to. What would you do,

keep the comic, and what would you grade it as? Qualified VF/NM or, downgrade it to a VG? Also, what would be the most that you would pay for a copy in this condition?

Thanks

Ben

return it without a doubt! Even though it is VF/NM, the detached staple would bother me enough. I have picked up 2 really nice copies that are VF+ for less than $100 combined this past year.

Get your money back!

Here's another question for all of you out there. This Batman #232 received a 9.6, 9.4, 9.4 from the graders with the only notes showing slight wear top spine. Would any of you take the opportunity to resubmit with the hopes of pulling a 9.6 or better?? I am so tempted because it appears to be under-graded in my opinion and it's in the old CGC label (maybe tougher grading at that time confused-smiley-013.gif). Would any of you try it???

bats232.jpg

I really had hoped Adams was going to attend the SD Con this year. I could've had him sign with CGC viewing, and then resubbed for a potential higher grade. Wishful thinking, but how cool would that be to own a signature series #232 graded 9.6 or better blush.gif I just can't bring myself to having this awesome cover marked up with any signature (maybe the interior page instead). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's another question for all of you out there. This Batman #232 received a 9.6, 9.4, 9.4 from the graders with the only notes showing slight wear top spine. Would any of you take the opportunity to resubmit with the hopes of pulling a 9.6 or better?? I am so tempted because it appears to be under-graded in my opinion and it's in the old CGC label (maybe tougher grading at that time confused-smiley-013.gif). Would any of you try it???

bats232.jpg

Are you planning on selling the book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't plan to sell the book in the near future as it is one of my Adams' grails. What got me thinking about this is the fact that the case has some damage to the right side and I had planned to reholder but then thought about resubbing instead for the possible higher grade (one grader thought this was a 9.6 smile.gif). Just curious if people have had any recent success resubbing books for higher grades or has CGC been too tough of late??