• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man #50 -- Signed by both John Romita, Sr. and Stan Lee...fact or fiction

10 posts in this topic

So you tell me guys, I am coming into possession of this rare comic book with these great signatures, however I have no verification if they are legit. What do you think? Where can I get these professional verified and more importantly, is there any hope for this issue to receive a signature series grade?

60_1.JPG

5c_1.JPG

8b_1.JPG

Fact or Fiction???

The sigs look real to me, but a good forger is a good forger too?

My concerns would be, it looks like they were signed with the same pen at the same angle. Are these two regularly found in the same room at the same time?

Well I appreciate your observations, based on your comments and the fact that the CGC won't give it signature series or even universal grading, I did pass on this comic...although it still could be quite a find...

Thanks

Was there a premium because the book was signed - even if "unofficially?" Seriously, the odds are great that Stan and John really did sign this comic - they've been doing so for nearly 40 years now - so i wouldn't necessarily pass on it just because CGC can't SS it. It's a cool book.

To paraphrase: "Buy the signature, not the slab."

Well I appreciate your observations, based on your comments and the fact that the CGC won't give it signature series or even universal grading, I did pass on this comic...although it still could be quite a find...

Thanks

Was there a premium because the book was signed - even if "unofficially?" Seriously, the odds are great that Stan and John really did sign this comic - they've been doing so for nearly 40 years now - so i wouldn't necessarily pass on it just because CGC can't SS it. It's a cool book.

To paraphrase: "Buy the signature, not the slab."

thumbsup2.gif

If the price was reasonable, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Nice looking book...if you trust the seller about the sigs, than buy it! thumbsup2.gif