• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Superman Review on Newsarama

29 posts in this topic

AllI keep hearing about this movie is how bad Routh and Bosworth are, and I don't see anything different in that review. sorry.gif

I'm really dreading Kate Bosworth as Lois, but we'll see.

So did Time "The best Hollywood movies always knew how to sneak a beguiling subtext into a crowd-pleasing story. Superman Returns is in that grand tradition. That's why it's beyond Super. It's superb."

So, by my count, that's one bad fanboy review, and four glowing reviews from the main-est of main stream media.

three fanboy raves on ain't it cool news. but let's focus on the negative...

Hey, I never said it was a bad movie, only that I have heard many negative comments about Routh and Bosworth, their poor performances, total lack of chemistry (hey, Routh is gay, so no biggie there), etc., and even many of the positive reviews mention this problem.

Then again, I'm a movie fan, not someone who lives and dies with the fortunes of these childish superhero movies. 27_laughing.gif

Hey, I never said it was a bad movie, only that I have heard many negative comments about Routh and Bosworth, their poor performances, total lack of chemistry (hey, Routh is gay, so no biggie there), etc., and even many of the positive reviews mention this problem .

which ones?

Hey, I never said it was a bad movie, only that I have heard many negative comments about Routh and Bosworth, their poor performances, total lack of chemistry (hey, Routh is gay, so no biggie there), etc., and even many of the positive reviews mention this problem .

which ones?

Here's one that is rated Positive:

"Though effectively reenergizing the series, bravura technology and dazzling effects can't completely overcome the film's shortcomings: Poorly conceived villain flatly played by Spacey and similarly wooden performance from newcomer Routh in all three roles"