• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher #1 CGC 9.8.....WTF??!?!?!?!?!

214 posts in this topic

It has sold as high as $400+ in the past, with the last sale over $300 - it's a modern that seems to sell well most times.

Thanks George, you explained it. I didn't realize the demand for 9.8's. I actually was looking for one, but I'm not willing to pay more than $150. 9.6 it is then....

Hah! I didn't even look at the price. I thought you were wondering how a book with such a fugly miscut could grade a 9.8. 27_laughing.gif

I believe the two bidders didn't even take a look at the book. The only thing they looked at was the 9.8 on the CGC label.

If this was really a 9.0 book that CGC had mislabelled as a 9.8, I am sure the price would have been exactly the same between these two bidders. screwy.gif

That is a high price and mostly reflects the 2 bidders competing, but it also reflects the fact that there are lot of people collecting that mini-series in 9.8. One board member's sig line had one or two of Punisher limiteds as WTB in 9.8 and it took him a while to get them. I have had #4 in 9.8 WP for sale and got lots of inquiries if I had other issues in 9.8.

It seems that there were only two bidders willing to pay over $50 for it. Looks like they got themselves involved in a VERY expensive bidding war. 893whatthe.gif

It seesm they have overlooked the fact that there are 71 other 9.8 graded copies of that book!!

You have to think like a collector. Don't watch things happen make them happen other wise you will always be chasing your tail. If you want a comic buy it no matter what. When you think about all the copies out there 71 copies at 9.8 is nothing. I can't find one higher than 9.4 raw. Tough book to find in super high grade.

If you want a comic buy it no matter what.

893whatthe.gif

You don't really believe that, do you? With a book that currently had 71 copies in CGC 9.8, just buy any copy that comes up, "no matter what", without any fiscal responsibility at all?

Man, you sound like a seller, not a buyer. screwy.gif

It seems that there were only two bidders willing to pay over $50 for it. Looks like they got themselves involved in a VERY expensive bidding war. 893whatthe.gif

It seesm they have overlooked the fact that there are 71 other 9.8 graded copies of that book!!

There are 30 graded 9.8 copies of that book (#1).

Waaaay too much money. In defense of the book, it is a cool book that lends itself to slabbing because of the pure awesomeness of Zeck's cover.