• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It pays to endlessly search ebay....

49 posts in this topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this person has the same initials as the character on the first cover in the featured section of his CAF gallery.

And if I'm wrong, well then nobody will ever know who the hell I'm talking about.

27_laughing.gif

I see that KrazyKat has started a Mark McDermott character assassination campaign on ComicArt-L. screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

Mark is a pal and one of the most stand-up guys I know in or out of the hobby.

I don't know all the specifics of this particular case, so I'm not going to comment on them. However, before everyone gets all indignant about this, let me just say that I've heard countless stories about both dealers and collectors doing far worse than what is being alleged here, including those involving some of the biggest names in the hobby. Anyone who thinks that backstabbing, reneging, misrepresentation, double-dealing, etc. are isolated events in this hobby needs to have their head examined. screwy.gif

I was trying not to explicitly state who I suspected. If you notice, Dan never, ever brought up any names in this thread. Perhaps you should edit your post to take his name out of the discussion and we can all drop this now.

And what the hell does KK have to do with anything? We're capable of forming our own opinions without King person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed's input. Thanks.

I was trying not to explicitly state who I suspected. If you notice, Dan never, ever brought up any names in this thread. Perhaps you should edit your post to take his name out of the discussion and we can all drop this now.

And what the hell does KK have to do with anything? We're capable of forming our own opinions without King person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed's input. Thanks.

I don't need to edit out the name since KrazyTool has posted Mark's name all over ComicArt-L. So, yeah, I do think he has something to do with it. Otherwise I obviously would not have brought it up. makepoint.gif

I don't need to edit my post since KrazyTool has posted it all over ComicArt-L. Otherwise I obviously would not have brought it up. makepoint.gif

It's not like jjeanius was too subtle about it anyway.

That makes more sense then - I stopped reading the list out of boredom.

Anyway, I have no personal gripe with Mark, but my guess on this issue was based on similar accounts I've heard from a couple people in the past.

Where there's smoke there's often fire, but i gotta say i had no idea who anybody was talking about here until Delekkerste outed him with his post. foreheadslap.gif

Where there's smoke there's often fire, but i gotta say i had no idea who anybody was talking about here until Delekkerste outed him with his post. foreheadslap.gif

I didn't "out" him - KrazyKat did in a smear campaign on ComicArt-L for which he is deservedly taking a lot of flack for over there. I'm sure many people on this Board who are ComicArt-L members as well saw it - it was the hot topic du jour today.

I didn't "out" him - KrazyKat did in a smear campaign on ComicArt-L for which he is deservedly taking a lot of flack for over there. I'm sure many people on this Board who are ComicArt-L members as well saw it - it was the hot topic du jour today.

I think everyone's waiting for Mark to respond. If I have time I'll call and give him the heads-up, if he hasn't heard by now.