• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It pays to endlessly search ebay....

49 posts in this topic

I used to search new listings in the hope of catching something like this but it never happened so I automated all of my searches and this happens. That AF cover is an awesome piece for a suuuuper cheap price.

I used to search new listings in the hope of catching something like this but it never happened so I automated all of my searches and this happens. That AF cover is an awesome piece for a suuuuper cheap price.

I'm not a Byrne AF fan, but I would think that cover is worth 8-10K?

I don't know the market for this stuff either, but I would think it would be a lot less than that given the single character and simple background. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know the market for this stuff either, but I would think it would be a lot less than that given the single character and simple background. confused-smiley-013.gif

Perhaps, but I think it's that simplicity that makes it so stunning. I'm not even a fan, but I like that cover.

I hope the buyers send their payments in ASAP. There are those out there (who shall remain nameless) who would approach the seller and offer them FMV in cash to kill the deal!!

And that did happen, Stehpen! Fortunately, the seller was a man of integrity, who honored the auctions.

Best,

I guess I would like to here from one of the lawyers parolling the boards on their take on that. Once an auction is over, isn't the deal constituted? If the seller had no reserve or minimum, or in this case just a BIN, once it's over isn't it a deal?

I guess I'm speaking from a purely legal sense. It may be hard to enforce, but wouldn' t the winner of an auction that gets backdoored have some legal footing?

Yeah, but I suspect that the only ones upset enough to pursue a claim after they were backdoored are those who themselves go after the backdoor deal every chance they get.

Yeah, but I suspect that the only ones upset enough to pursue a claim after they were backdoored are those who themselves go after the backdoor deal every chance they get.

That makes absolutely no sense!

That makes absolutely no sense!

I think a lot of people would be angry enough to pursue it, especially if were a highly valued piece.