• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about comics with cigarette smell

44 posts in this topic

I won't say I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, just that I'm very sensitive to it and absolutely HATE the smell of smoke. I always have my entire life.

No offense to smokers here, I don't hate you, just the smoke gossip.gif

I've never seen a seller disclose that a book has come from a smoking environment and welcome that information. Especially in a day and age when we can't even get upfront disclosure about work they've had done to a book for fear of getting less on a sale.

Of course you could just adopt their policy and not disclose it unless specifically asked. tongue.gif

Marc,

The airing out I did was not beneficial to the books. I had to leave them wide open on a table, so your risk may be equivalent to your gain. You may be able to find a way to do the airing safely. I have heard that the baking soda trick works well.

I thought I heard somewhere that exposure to large amounts of Ozone was also harmful to books. I may be totally off base but I was under the impression that it accelerates decomposition in page quality. I know some of the ionizers have an Ozone guard built in now to stop the process from putting out ozone under some EPA standards. You may want to check that out before you use it. My info on that topic is hearsay at best though.

-Chris

I won't say I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, just that I'm very sensitive to it and absolutely HATE the smell of smoke. I always have my entire life.

Racist frown.gif

Racist frown.gif

makepoint.gif