• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to Finish Your Runs

19 posts in this topic

The thread on "Your Longest Run" led to me making some sales that either finished off the last few issues someone was missing or at least cutting their list down substantially. So I'm just throwing this out there. If you're working on long runs, take a look at our website. We carry everything and have 40,000 listed with another 25,000+ available.

1) Super-easy to use search. Pulldown menu for most mainstream Marvel and DC titles. Plus fast title search that doesn't make you go to another screen first like at MH. Also genre and publisher search for those of you that like older books of a type.

2) Discounts for forum members! Almost always! Just ask.

3) Free shipping U.S. with $33 order. Orders elsewhere are often subsidized.

4) Whether you need two issues of Iron Man or five issues of Junior Woodchucks or Atlas horror from the 50s, we probably have it. Same goes for lots of out of print GNs and European albums.

Thanks for reading!

Marc

Thinking back on magazines vs. comics, I realize that out of our HiJinx Comics purchase we got over 25,000 comics and maybe 150 magazines. Half of them Mads. Out of our John Procter Collectibles buyout, it was 70,000 comics and maybe 1000 magazines, 90% of them Mads. So those are the ratios I'm dealing with. Grand total of Warrens combined was maybe 20?

Marc

Absolutely. We welcome scan requests and send them out all the time. The plan is to add tons of scans this summer but it's been too easy for me to get into the rut of just list list listing all the unprocessed books.

Marc

Thanks. I will send you a few request tonight. thumbsup2.gif

personally, i would like to see the drop-down title search on the left column after you jump to a title, rather than having to go back to the homepage.

it's a nice feature.

plus, i like to avoid typing whenever possible. excepting this place, of course

I can understand that and it wouldn't push down the genre searches very far. Always appreciate your good insights.

(Personally, I'd rather type than hunt through a pull-down menu. Esp. because you can usually just type a few letters and get what you want. If you type "sub" you should get the Sub-Mariners pretty easy. "rboy" brings up Superboy, I'd think. "Loi" should be good enough for Lois Lane.)

So let me sell you a cheap book already! smile.gif

Marc

No GA Joker Batmans. confused-smiley-013.gif

After you didn't answer my PM about the GA Penguin Detective, I took the Joker Batmans off the site! devil.gif

Sorry about that. I'm not looking for Detectives, only Batman right now. I can read reprints of Detective stories.

Yes, it's always impressed me how relentless DC has been with the Archive editions of Detective Comics. The first archive every published was the Detective 27-50 and they've just kept going and going. It's great, I buy each one. But I did feel a pang of regret when I got the last one and it had the reprint of that Penguin story! 27_laughing.gif

The Batman (Dark Knight) archives are a different story. Those have come out really slowly. For a long time they were stuck on #3 which only took Batman up to #12! Meanwhile they were putting out stuff like the Dynamic Duo and Legion archives reprinting stories from the 1970s! Gah! tongue.gif

Marc

27_laughing.gif

That's why I'm buying reading copies of GA Batman. They will never get through that series with four Batman stories per issue that have to be reprinted (versus one for Detective). And they don't seem to be trying either. Are there four Dark Knight Archives now?

Oh, I do have a rant about the latter Detective Archives. They keep getting thinner and thinner! What's up with that?! Christo_pull_hair.gif

27 - 50 = 23 issues

51 - 70 = 20 issues

71 - 86 = 16 issues

87 - 102 = 16 issues

And why I have been buying and (and soon as I crack them) reading the GA Captain Marvel Comics. I doubt they will ever finish out Whiz and Captain Marvel Adventures in my lifetime. They will probably make me read that MF junk!!!

l

Oh, I do have a rant about the latter Detective Archives. They keep getting thinner and thinner! What's up with that?! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Don't think I haven't noticed! I did appreciate that they have been making the first volume in some series $19.99. It's the get-started-on-crack price. I wouldn't have purchased the Superman otherwise.

I hear you on the Batman--they charge ahead on the Spirit but Batman gets no respect. I had about half of Batman 2-30 once upon a time and I still can't reread them to salve my mistake in selling them! sign-rantpost.gif

Anyway, to end on a positive note I'm happy with what they've done with the Sgt. Rock archives. The volumes so far have actually reached my solid collection run so that's nice. Even at 16 per volume I think the Detectives will make it to some point where they hit my run too. Batman? Noo... Oops, being negative again. crazy.gif