• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 55

7 posts in this topic

Just got this one off e-bay. The listing had a tiny thumbnail scan, and was rated by the seller as a 9.5! The book has what appears to be indirect moisture damage on the bottom half of the book, like it was kept in a humid room. I was hoping to score on this one by taking a chance. In the end, it was a $30 gamble, and I pretty much got what I paid for.

Here are the scans:

ff55-front-web.jpg

ff55-back-web.jpg

Thanks,

-Chris

I agree with everyone elses grade of 4.0 due to the WD and general wear this book shows. Looks like there is considerable wear to the FC (ink and all fuzzy edges) plus the lack of gloss.

On the other hand it is complete and IMO has fairly straight lines. Listed as a 9.5 huh? That should have been your first clue.

I guess I should have saved that box of comics I lost in the New Year's flood instead of tossing them. I found another box that was inundated with water last week - don't even want to bring them in the house - nevermind scan them 27_laughing.gif

tough book to call...........(i'll go with the concensus 4.0...........)

the water damage is easily visible on the back, but isn't the worst i've seen and the FC presents nicely.

for $30, put it in a nice mylar with a fullback and enjoy............ thumbsup2.gif

it really pizzes me off that someone could advertise this as a 9.5 (?) and then provide a tiny scan so you can't really see what's up.

but, again, it was probably worth the $30...................