• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Favorite Quote Thread™

58 posts in this topic

Scarface's rendention of a Few Good Comics between CBG and ComicKeys is classic:

"C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! ! "

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Scarface's rendention of a Few Good Comics between CBG and ComicKeys is classic:

"C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! ! "

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

This is great! I'd never seen this one...classic!

Man, there are so many good choices from the last four years...

From Joanna's Roast thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=186048

"I believe it's customary to enter a contest before asking for prizes, greggy."

From the absolute classic thread of the same name:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=519056

Perhaps the best first post in board history:

"Hello...

I am the Dickwad seller of the day..."

From one of the many barksducksduo-cgg threads:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=492926

comes this classic retort from Deathlok (in response to RS posting a glowing review of CGG by "gord")

"that Gord sure does like to talk, what a party animal. You know I can remember Gord when he used to hold pickeled egg eating contest to see who could spew the most. Man those were the days, good ole Gord."

From "A Good Read About The Comic Book Industry" (a thread which also includes my outburst at The_Beyonder and some thoroughly entertaining work from Joe_Collector)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=179729

Candidate for the "Truer Things Never Said Award - 2003"

Bugaboo - "If I were to apologize every time I acted like an [!@#%^&^] in here.......my post count would be doubled."

Actually, I can't remember who had this as a Sig line for awhile,

but it is my new moto...

"nothing taste better than thin"

hail.gif

acclaim.gif

(And I reached my goal weight, so I took it off grin.gif )

"I can guarantee you this I will do everything in my power to make sure you never complete your collection. The wheels are already in motion." - Vincent Zurzolo

I was looking for that one. That is my favorite.

A few of my favorite sig quotes...

"The bitterness of poor quality remains with you long after the joy of cheap price is forgotten." - skinny_white_boy

"Believe me, every man has his secret sorrows, which this world knows not...." - r1970d

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - blowout

"Honesty is the best policy.........even if it has to be enforced sometimes!" - skybolt

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - blowout

My credo! thumbsup2.gif

classic comic-keys

"Hell No! I give up. I'm THROUGH with trying to put some HAIR on Supa's collapsed rib cage! I'm JOINING him, just like I said. First, I have to make some personal finance adjustments and divest myself of 99% of all my cash and worldly goods (so that I can be a rousing success story like Supa), followed by the rest of the plan that I laid out above. Then they'll be TWO chicken headed, Pippy Longstocking look-a-like, culotte wearing, limp wristed, ham-slamming fay-gelas on these Forums once I transform myself into his twin!! "

along the same lines...

I fear the Hammer original is lost in the mists of the forum archives (future archaeologists may recover the original when the legendary penalty box is disentombed). Here is the later Hammer tribute version, with only the target's name replaced if I recall correctly.

Ramses had the plagues and locusts... I have ---------. I envy Ramses.

I see that -------- OWNS this forum, because this TROLL is allowed to start a thread meant to elicit malicious personal attacks against me. TROLL. Even your avatar shows what a pissant little TROLL you are. Perhaps one day you can graduate to a gnome (a troll who occasionally makes a point, but only by accident).

But then again, by that time your two brain cells will likely have collided with each other, causing spasmodic convulsions that leave you reduced to the vegetable we all suspect you to be. Unfortunately for you, that will likely leave you at the mercy of supa-bukkake, who will likely dress you up in "Prada boots and other high end Italian clothing" so that he can show you what a real MAN he is.

I would love to see the real-world equivalent of this thread. I would love to see someone attempt name-calling me in public. Now THAT would be amusing, to see you, pathetic TROLL, wetting yourself. Just a vegetable with soiled underpants staring down a brick-hard 240 pds of striated muscle. Now THAT would be AMUSING!

WIth all these flames being so fondly recalled, I can see that none of my Mild Mannered Musings will be remembered at all. tongue.gif

Is that all you've got? - Factgiver
#5 - deathlok

WIth all these flames being so fondly recalled, I can see that none of my Mild Mannered Musings will be remembered at all. tongue.gif

Is that all you've got? - Factgiver
#5 - deathlok

oh, shut up.

flowerred.gif

"Dice - you fell victim to the classic blunders! The most famous is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." Only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!" But the least well known but the one which brings the greatest penalty is "Never modify a poster's post when using the Quote button!"" - povertyrow

Quoted from an e-mail I received and posted (with permission) on the boards two years ago.....

My only hope is to provide a quality product to someone and deliver it with outstanding service so they will continue to come back for more. If I am able to do this, I will succeed in accomplishing my goal. - Jason Ewert