• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I just tell this guy, please don't bid on my books?

32 posts in this topic

No I think you give him too much credit...I think he ws a numbnut.... we all know if we take 100 new books off the newstand and send them in to CGC 15% would come back 9.8....30% would come back 9.6...45% would come back 9.4 and the other 10% 9.2 and lower...so don't preach to me the definition of nm/mnt.......these are new comics that I want to sell so some kid who can't AFFORD to buy 67 new DC books for $167.00.....I do this because I think it's nice...I usually end up losing 2 or 3 bucks on the shipping alone...It should not be looked at as anything else...some of you guys should really lighten up a bit .

J.D.

No I think you give him too much credit...I think he ws a numbnut.... we all know if we take 100 new books off the newstand and send them in to CGC 15% would come back 9.8....30% would come back 9.6...45% would come back 9.4 and the other 10% 9.2 and lower...so don't preach to me the definition of nm/mnt.......these are new comics that I want to sell so some kid who can't AFFORD to buy 67 new DC books for $167.00.....I do this because I think it's nice...I usually end up losing 2 or 3 bucks on the shipping alone...It should not be looked at as anything else...some of you guys should really lighten up a bit .

J.D.

Wow, great auction! I really need to catch up on current comics. And I don't give a whit about condition, so feel free ruin a few so that I can win. But it looks like 'House has me beat.

... or does he?

-- Joanna

I wasn't trying to imply that YOU didn't know what NM/MINT was. I was trying to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt, and suggest that they might be "testing" you to see if your Grading is accurate. This buyer was probably being a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and blocking their bids is probably the smart thing to do. But "probably" isn't perfect, and I'd hate to think that I possibly just BLOCKED a new reader.... sorry.gif

These were sold recently to me as NM/MT:

http://darthdiesel.com/ungradeds/30daysofnight1.jpg

http://darthdiesel.com/ungradeds/30daysofnight2.jpg

http://darthdiesel.com/ungradeds/30daysofnight3.jpg

I'm just glad they were 1st print as stated. mad.gif

Edited - can't really see how dinged up 1 and 2 are due to the light backgrounds

Darth, none of those links worked for me.

Sorry Joanna - they work now. I had hastily edited from full size images to a link withouut removing the auto UBB code that was entered after my initial post

It sounds to me like he copied a bunch of questions out of the overstreet guide. Probably a little excessive since they are relatively new book. But you gotta admit you can be surprised by these questions if you didn't put up any pictures. I am always worried about getting stuff half ripped up with water stains. Just a small picture of maybe the comics lined up on your kitchen table would be good enough to give people an idea of what they are dealing with.

Sorry Joanna - they work now. I had hastily edited from full size images to a link withouut removing the auto UBB code that was entered after my initial post

Rookie... smirk.gif

Rookie... smirk.gif

doh! Greggy... grin.gif

I can feeeel...the greggy force coursing through my vains.... star-wars-smiley-023.gif