• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Friday Poll

32 posts in this topic

Finished reading the first 2 parts of the Eragon trilogy ("Eragon" and "Eldest"). It's a lot of fun, especially if you're into the "Lord of the Rings" type mythos. Plus, the $100+ million Eragon film will hit theaters this December.

I liked them well enough myself. I'll definitely pick up the third book.

so where's the POLL???

I thought we were voting on something??

confused-smiley-013.gif

Main Entry: 1poll

Function: noun

Pronunciation: 'pOl

Etymology: Middle English pol, polle, from Middle Low German

1 : HEAD

2 a : the top or back of the head b : NAPE

3 : the broad or flat end of a striking tool (as a hammer)

4 a (1) : the casting or recording of the votes of a body of persons (2) : a counting of votes cast b : the place where votes are cast or recorded -- usually used in plural <at the polls> c : the period of time during which votes may be cast at an election d : the total number of votes recorded <a heavy poll>

5 a : a questioning or canvassing of persons selected at random or by quota to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed b : a record of the information so obtained

Sorry for any ruse thumbsup2.gif

0978068815333_500X500.jpg

I always lumped Dennis Lehane in with all the other hack pop authors like Grisham, Patterson, King, ect. My mistake. My BIG mistake. I read Shutter Island and it knocked my [embarrassing lack of self control] socks off. hail.gif

I think his first two books were his best (A Drink Before the War and Darkness Take My Hand). He reminds me most of Robert Crais...

Oh, and I'm reading Perilous Times by Geoffrey Stone. Excellent book thumbsup2.gif

In Harm's Way: The Sinking of the USS Indianapolis. It's a good book if you are a fan of the movie Jaws or if you are interested in WWII history. It is the story that Quint's dialogue aboard the Orca is based on.