• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the Lizard's back in Spider-Man II

20 posts in this topic

I thought I had heard that Lizard wasn't gonna be in Spider-Man II, but apparently he's in there as a minor villain and played by Bruce Campell in lizard form and some other guy as Curt Conners:

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Spiderman2.htm

I hope they don't make his role too big...I thought one of the many weaknesses of the last two Batman films was they kept trying to pack in too many stars and villains, featuring both Riddler and Two-Face in Batman 3 and Mr. Freeze/Bane/Poison Ivy/Batgirl in Batman 4.

Perhaps Dr. Connors will re-hire PP? I could see the actual Lizard character appearing at the end of the movie (ala Phoenix in X-2), but hopefully not as part of the main storyline.

And the Black Cat too?

i would like to see at the end of spiderman#2 spidey with his black costume on

As opposed to Bug... who would like to see at the end of spiderman#2 spidey with his black costume off...

As opposed to Bug... who would like to see at the end of spiderman#2 spidey with his black costume off...

Shows what you know.......at the end of Spider-man#2, I'd like to run up to the front of the theatre, face the movie screen, strip naked, bend over, and sing show tunes between my legs for the people trying to read the credits.

Shows what you know.......at the end of Spider-man#2, I'd like to run up to the front of the theatre, face the movie screen, strip naked, bend over, and sing show tunes between my legs for the people trying to read the credits.

Dude, I'd be happy to buy your ticket... tongue.gif

I bet you would......you've been trying to get me to strip naked and bend over for you since I joined this forum.

What can I say? I prefer to see the animals in the natural environment... mad.gif

I bet you would......you've been trying to get me to strip naked and bend over for you since I joined this forum.

What can I say? I prefer to see the animals in the natural environment... mad.gif

Then why do you make your pet monkey wear lipstick and edible panties? frown.gif

Then why do you make your pet monkey wear lipstick and edible panties? frown.gif

Stop talking smack about Khaos! mad.gif

Stop talking smack about Khaos! mad.gif

And they aren't edible! 'House just gets really, REALLY hungry from time to time.

I thought I had heard that Lizard wasn't gonna be in Spider-Man II, but apparently he's in there as a minor villain and played by Bruce Campell in lizard form and some other guy as Curt Conners:

Just to tack on to this, here is a quote from the movie news section of the latest Wizard.

"Dylan Baker ('Head of state') has signed on as Dr. Curt Connors, but don't expect to see the Lizard popping up."

Just to tack on to this, here is a quote from the movie news section of the latest Wizard.

"Dylan Baker ('Head of state') has signed on as Dr. Curt Connors, but don't expect to see the Lizard popping up."

This might be recent news then...that web site's report is dated 6/1, whereas Wizard's text would've been written over a month ago. Since they've got Bruce Campbell listed as playing the lizard, I'm sure he's got at least a cameo...Bruce and Sam Raimi are tight after Raimi directed him in all the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies. He played the ring announcer at the wrestling match in Spidey 1, who was the guy who came up with the name "Amazing Spider-Man" after Peter Parker wanted to be called "The Human Spider." (great scene!!!)

Banner's idea sounds highly plausible...

Now look for a big increase in ASM 6, like the one this guy bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176669597&category=32739&rd=1

Heh, yah...after hearing speculation a few months ago that #6 would go up because he was in the movie, then hearing he WASN'T in it, I found it slightly ironic I see they announce he'll be in it a little bit the day after I finally got me a copy. I'm still ticked I didn't buy one for $1250 or so back in mid-2001 that went to idealcollectables...noticed they tried to get this one also (time-vault).

In the second picture of Spider-man in that link.......it looks like he's being played by a girl.

I think you're right, and it's likely one of those frontally-challenged female gymnasts in the costume. Makes Spidey look like a fruit.

Banner's idea sounds highly plausible...

Yep, I think so too. I can see Connors having a fairly major role as Peter's employer while developing a syrum to fix his missing arm. Having performed some sort of test, The Lizard could then appear late on 'in the shadows' as a teaser for SM3. cool.gif

893offtopic1.gif I remember seeing Army Of Darkness in the theater. Fun stuff. Think they'd throw a followup to AOD at us?
hell I saw Evil Dead II at a theater. If you like that stuff you need to read Bruce's autobiography - it is a riot. I would go see Spidey II just because he will be the Lizard! Very cool move I think.