• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does this forum seem like a great place to sell & buy?

37 posts in this topic

I will be the Monitor to the Anti-Monitor here... 893whatthe.gif

How has this forum worked for you? Selling? Buying? Any key books you FINALLY were able to acquire? Etc.

Let's focus on the positives of this board and how great it is to be ebay free!

've gotten quite a few books a very reasonable prices and the people have been great to deal with. My best pickup, Avengers #6 CGC 6.0...very very happy with that one. I never even look at E-bay anymore...this place is like crack insane.gif

I like the BIN format and the fact that I can buy multiple books, and save on shipping. That's the key for me.

Sure, the forum envrionment helps a bit, but otherwise, there is no real advantage over EBay.

I have gotten too many nice books here to count. Honestly.

One, two, three, four . . . grin.gif

I got confused at 17 and had to stop and rest for awhile. Math never was my strong suit. insane.gif

I too have gotten more nice things here than I know what to do with!!

Aside from all the great books I've gotten from October (Andy) I've had the pleasure of sharing some great conversations with him. A truly great forumite!!

Nikos has delivered nothing but awesome books.

I once accidentally sent part of an order to Greggy, and he kindly forwarded it to the proper owner. On ebay? Forget about it!

Johnnock. Helped me complete my Weird War Collection. What can I say?

And these are just the headlines... there are so many good graders, honest seller and buyers, and all-round good guys on these boards. I check it every day, and I buy something month in and month out.

Anyway, I like the pos vibes too.

Shep

Just to reiterate, I also appreciate the good grading, friendly contact, etc. on here, but I also know many good graders on EBay.... except they don't list 30+ books in 10 seconds, all with nice BINs on them.

Simple for me-

Good grading

Good pricing

Friendly people

What else do you need? cloud9.gif

JC to ruin it all! cloud9.gif

893whatthe.gif

No one person could ruin the good vibes. JC has his approach to this just like we all do. Kudos to all the good graders, buyers and sellers. 893applaud-thumb.gif And to all the new collectors that are giving it a shot here....double kudos to them..... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Keep working on your grading and all will be forgiven. thumbsup2.gif

Simple for me-

Good grading

Good pricing

Friendly people

What else do you need? cloud9.gif

Well said! I've bought and sold plenty of books on here and have had nothing but great experiences. The few times a problem came up with a book I purchased here, the forum members in question really bent over backwards to make it right, & were much more responsive than the average ebay seller. I like this place. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've only been on this forum for a few months, but in that time I have had several transactions where I have been more than satisfied with the books I have received. In fact, on more than one occasion the seller has thrown in extras that I hadn't even paid for. It is the little things like that which keep me here. Now if only the ASM #129 I got off The Beyonder would show up I can die happy Christo_pull_hair.gif Do I blame the Canadian mail system or ours for the long wait? stooges.gif

Kudos to everyone I've dealt with.. headbang.gif

I've only been on this forum for a few months, but in that time I have had several transactions where I have been more than satisfied with the books I have received. In fact, on more than one occasion the seller has thrown in extras that I hadn't even paid for. It is the little things like that which keep me here. Now if only the ASM #129 I got off The Beyonder would show up I can die happy Christo_pull_hair.gif Do I blame the Canadian mail system or ours for the long wait? stooges.gif

Kudos to everyone I've dealt with.. headbang.gif

Beyonder's just been a bit busy...... gossip.gif

I have found a second family, a large dysfunctional one, but still a family. See below for all the good things.

Honesty

Integrity

High Grade selections

Slabs

Knowing someone will warn you about scammers/trimmed books/bad sellers/and when you yourself are being an ars.

Sharing personal tragedies as well as successes.

Besides I enjoy waiting in line at my Post Office for hours on end sending books to Anfield Fox and The Beyonder. I probably would have never done business with them otherwise.

I have learned in life that the ones that don't belong eventually get weeded out, but closing the doors and never letting anyone new in is more destructive.