• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does this forum seem like a great place to sell & buy?

37 posts in this topic

In fact, on more than one occasion the seller has thrown in extras that I hadn't even paid for. It is the little things like that which keep me here.

The freebies can spoil you easily.

Besides I enjoy waiting in line at my Post Office for hours on end sending books to Anfield Fox and The Beyonder.

If you rteally ARE doing that, go to a Staples or similart store and pick up an inexpensive postage scale. I got a 5 pound one for about $20 or so.

Then go to www.USPS.COM and use their online postage/label system. Works absolutely great. You just print out the pre-paid postage. Delivery confirmation is included free. They'll even send an email notifying the recipient of the shipment if you supply an email address for them. Then just take your packages to the Post Office and dump them in the blue bin and walk out. Or you can even schedule them to pickup the packages at your home the following day.

Besides I enjoy waiting in line at my Post Office for hours on end sending books to Anfield Fox and The Beyonder.

If you rteally ARE doing that, go to a Staples or similart store and pick up an inexpensive postage scale. I got a 5 pound one for about $20 or so.

Then go to www.USPS.COM and use their online postage/label system. Works absolutely great. You just print out the pre-paid postage. Delivery confirmation is included free. They'll even send an email notifying the recipient of the shipment if you supply an email address for them. Then just take your packages to the Post Office and dump them in the blue bin and walk out. Or you can even schedule them to pickup the packages at your home the following day.

good idea thumbsup2.gif

Very Simple Answer...

the forum has the books I want at a reasonable price from people who enjoy the hobby at similar levels to me. grin.gif

As a side note I've bought off of ebay from at least 16 different forumites. It seems that quality can find it's way there too. thumbsup2.gif

I WAS being sarcastic but thanks for the tips. What you said works fine for domestic mail but overseas is a little different (unless you want to pay the highest rates possible) so I do all the paperwork on-line and physically bring the boxes to the P.O. to pay so I don't get raped on shipping. Ebay and paypals click and ship are the absolute best way to send out domestic packages. I just recently changed all of my shipping to flat rate priority and it has saved me countless hours of work.

In fact, on more than one occasion the seller has thrown in extras that I hadn't even paid for. It is the little things like that which keep me here.

The freebies can spoil you easily.

cloud9.gif freebies cloud9.gif

I just found this site recently and to all you "old-timers", this place reminds me of the old Stan's Weekly Express except the electronic version! Anyone out there remember Stan?? I was WSA #77 by the by...

I just listed a cool Blonde Phantom #20.

I just found this site recently and to all you "old-timers", this place reminds me of the old Stan's Weekly Express except the electronic version! Anyone out there remember Stan?? I was WSA #77 by the by...

I just listed a cool Blonde Phantom #20.

Before my time you old f@rt poke2.gif

And welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

I just found this site recently and to all you "old-timers", this place reminds me of the old Stan's Weekly Express except the electronic version! Anyone out there remember Stan??

Didn't he go down with the Titanic? Or was that the Lusitania? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For me,I just don't see that much on eBay that fits what I'm really looking for.My 4 or 5 favorite books were all purchased from forum members and at prices that I thought were very reasonable.Most of us seem to like looking out for each other.Sometimes I get more of a charge out of turning up a lead or a sale for someone else than I do for myself.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

short of a select few that I've bought from or sold to on here, I still prefer ebay to this forum. Most of the time I've bought from good people on ebay and realized afterward that they are on this forum too. i've noticed that when certain sellers are not BIN threading their wares, that this forum quickly goes to pot in quality of merchandise and type of people posting. I'm finding more and more that responding to newbie WTBs and selling threads to be the biggest waste of time for all parties involved. I notice a growth of gripe threads started disparaging the recent attempts to close deals lately. In the future, I'll just be checking for certain sellers to list stuff and most likely contact them by PM if I NEED something or bid on their ebay auctions when listed.

I have had great success picking up war books from Karma, October, Jeffreykli and others. Fabulous Jonah Hex pickups from TakinShotstoQuit. Same with JLA and Wonder Woman bronze runs from Jimm94. Basically in all cases I could take everything they had, (up to four copies of a single issue in some cases) that was bronze.

Also really got spoiled by getting the two rarest Katy Keenes from 143ksk because since then I've struck out getting the stray DC 1950s books I need for customers like Strange Adventures and Our Fighting Forces. Also no luck finding a Rio Bravo in GD to FN.

And of course everyone has been extremely pleasant.

Marc

P.S.--Lots of other good buys and sells on the forums too for me.