• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best spidey story arcs since.........

9 posts in this topic

ok ok I'm aware of the many disparaging remarks associated with the ASM story lines of late. 893blahblah.gif But being away from comics for a while (ok, a long time) I'm wondering what others would consider the best spidey story arcs since approx. ASM # 300. It doesn't have to be the pinnacle of comic story-telling. Just something worth getting and reading.

I'm very familiar with the older spidey stuff but am wondering if there is anything above #300 worth giving a try?

gossip.gif Saying it's all drek is not an option...........

If you aren't limiting yourself to ASM, DeMatteis and Buscema's Spectacular Spider-Man run (#178-202) was the best Spidey stories put out in the early 90s. The pinnacle of which was Harry Osborne's death in #200.

Wonderful stuff...Spider-Man haven't been as consistently good since in my opinion...

Jim

ok ok I'm aware of the many disparaging remarks associated with the ASM story lines of late. 893blahblah.gif But being away from comics for a while (ok, a long time) I'm wondering what others would consider the best spidey story arcs since approx. ASM # 300. It doesn't have to be the pinnacle of comic story-telling. Just something worth getting and reading.

I'm very familiar with the older spidey stuff but am wondering if there is anything above #300 worth giving a try?

gossip.gif Saying it's all drek is not an option...........

there hasn't been any since 121/122

Tangled Web, that's the name. Flowers for Rhino was part of that. There was also a great story from a lowly hitman in Kingpin's employ. Would recommend issues #4 through 9 (can't remember if 10 was part of the last arc).

Pat