• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectres! Get yer Spectres here...

14 posts in this topic

Several BINs follow for various Spectre series over the years: the recent 1990s run (cheap), a couple of 1970s entries with Jim Aparo art, and several of the Silver Age series. I've even dug out a 100 Page Super-Spectacular with a Golden Age Spectre reprint.

I'll ship up to 6 in a Priority Mail flat rate envelope for $4.05 within the USA. For Canada, I'll use the flat rate Global Priority mailing envelope and $7.50 for up to 6 books. For more than 6 or for shipping outside the US/Canada, we'll figure that out on a case-by-case basis.

This is from the 1990s series written by John Ostrander, with art in most issues by Tom Mandrake. One of the covers is scanned below for reference. Each issue is VF/NM or better, most have a very slight smoky odor. I got these off a large eBay lot I won-- I kept the ones I needed; listed below are the dupes. Available for 50 cents each, plus postage as noted above. thumbsup2.gif

1286547-spec25.jpg

1286547-spec25.jpg.5c92fd53a7cd3490066a9ed57159671f.jpg

Here's an example from the Bronze Age run written by Michael Fleisher and drawn by Jim Aparo at the height of his career. Adventure 436 in Fine Plus condition. The corner wear knocks the condition down on this one. Also in this issue is one of the earliest art jobs ever by Mike Grell, in this case on the Aquaman back-up. Take it for $5.00 plus shipping as outlined in the 1st post in the thread.

adv436.jpg

adv436bc.jpg

Also available is a Very Good reader copy of Adventure 439, with the next-to-last Aparo Spectre. Sorry, no scan available for this one-- it is strictly a reader, with a couple of large color breaking creases. In addition, it has a couple of water stains most visible on the back cover, but not at all visible on the front. Free with any BIN on any other book in this thread.

Batman & the Spectre lead story by Bob Haney and Jim Aparo. Backups include a Nick Cardy Teen Titans reprint. Comic is in FINE MINUS condition, with lower spine damage, a slight spine roll and those strange abrasions along the back cover spine (visible in the back cover scan). Take it away for $6.00 plus shipping.

bb116.jpg

bb116bc.jpg

Moving backward in time, here is issue #8 of the Silver Age series. This one is in FINE PLUS condition, with that top right hand corner {ouch}, and the dust shadows visible in the back cover scan. -script by Steve Skeates, art by the weird combination of Jerry Grandenetti and Murphy Anderson. BIN for $9.00 plus postage. yay.gif

sp8.jpg

sp8bc.jpg

Next up is issue #7 of the same series, again with art by Grandenetti & Anderson. This one was written by Gardner Fox. An unusual feature of this issue is the back up story featuring Hourman with art by Dillin & Sid Greene. This one is in FINE MINUS condition, due primarily to the spine wear and dust shadow on the back cover. Take it for $6.00 plus shipping.

sp7.jpg

sp7bc.jpg

And, the initial entry in the trilogy of issues drawn by Jerry Grandenetti and Murphy Anderson. This one is in FINE MINUS condition, due to slight creases at the corners and color loss along the spine. Take it for $5.00 plus shipping.

1186295-spec6.jpg

Here is one of the earliest Silver Age Spectre appearances, the 3rd of 3 Showcase tryouts. Nice art by DC Silver Age great Murphy Anderson (both pencils & inks). Book is in Good Minus condition. Looks nicer, but that bottom right hand corner is hanging on by a piece less than 1/2 inch. Priced to move at $5.00. headbang.gif

show64.jpg

show64bc.jpg

And, to close out the thread, as promised, here is a book with a Golden Age Spectre reprint. In fact, this is a primo anthology of Golden Age reprints: The initial Two-Face trilogy from Detective Comics 66, 68, 80. Black Canary from Flash Comics with Infantino artwork. Starman by Jack Burnley. Wildcat by Gil Kane (signed Gil Stack). Dr. Mid-Nite with Alex Toth artwork. A Blackhawk story from Blackhawk #13, which the GCD credits to Bill Ward. And of course The Spectre reprint from More Fun Comics #66.

I believe this one is a solid FINE PLUS. The spine is complete and tight (unusual for the 100-pagers), but the corners are rounded and there is noticeable wear along the top and bottom edges. SOLD! plus shipping.

dc20.jpg

dc20bc.jpg

That's all, folks! hi.gif