• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magazines? Don Rosa Collection....

5 posts in this topic

OK, what's the deal? Pedigree(Doug) has a ton of these for sale and I rarely see one sell? What are they really worth? Obviously not the asking price or bidders would be getting close?

Magazines are a funny beast. When the first graded mags showed up, they were going for outrageous prices. I don't think people initially knew there would be so many HGs available. As more have hit the marketplace, mag prices have seen a dramatic drop in price.

Whether this is just price correction or leary buyers is yet to be seen. With Magazine grading still being pretty new, the dust hasn't really settled to know what issues are truly hard to find in HG, thus a little buyer hesitation may be occurring.

Just my opinion.

comics magazines are an interesting offshoot from regular comics. I wanted to get them all at various points, but never really worked at it because lik etreasuries and other odd sized "comics" they dont have thge same demand and acceptance as "comics" do. They ar eoutside the mainstream. Cool, especially these sweet Don Rosa copies, but non-essential stuff. IMO

I saw a whole bunch of RBCC fanzines up for sale on ebay as well and those didn't sell as well. It is interesting that Don collected those as well. In my opinion, I believe that comic magazines, pulps and fanzines help to round out a collection. Sort of like the trimmings to a nice meal.

I don't think comic collectors are near as excited by mags as they are by comics. Take the different sizes and storage requirements in regard and most collectors just rather focus on their first love instead of dropping major money on a subsection of the hobby they really weren't that hot about in the first place...

Jim