• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams Witching Hour Cover

11 posts in this topic

Today The cover to Witching Hour #14 sold at Vault auctions for about $2200 not including juice. Is that really cheap? I really love that cover but the actual piece was kind of ugly with lots of clunky stats and it was missing a stat as well. I was tempted but felt that up close I wouldn't be totally happy with it. Any thoughts.

Today The cover to Witching Hour #14 sold at Vault auctions for about $2200 not including juice. Is that really cheap? I really love that cover but the actual piece was kind of ugly with lots of clunky stats and it was missing a stat as well. I was tempted but felt that up close I wouldn't be totally happy with it. Any thoughts.

I think that's a real bargain price you you've missed out on, there.

Missing stats can be replaced and the art, in the hands of a competent craftsman, can be cleaned-up.

If you really 'loved' that cover, as you claim, you should have given the idea of restoration more consideration. It's not as if we're talking mass-produced comic-books. This is a one-of-a-kind item. makepoint.gif

That's an absolute steal at that price. I am shocked it went for so little. 893whatthe.gif

How in the heck did I miss that?

frustrated.gif

There are too many auction sites and this slipped through my fingers. I can't keep up between Ebay, Heritage, Comiclink, Vault, Hakes and every other comic/art site. Then again the high bidder might have went to a much higher amount if there was competition. Either way, at that price it was a steal. Wish it was me.

How do you tell if the reserve was met?

Look for the gold circle with the check mark in it to the right of the final bid amount.

No check mark and reserve was not met.

Chris

I wonder if there's anything under the haunted house stat - otherwise, the cover is about 40% stat, which would explain the price somewhat.

I wonder if there's anything under the haunted house stat - otherwise, the cover is about 40% stat, which would explain the price somewhat.

My guess if anything it would be the same house bigger/smaller at a different angle. Partial stat plus the overall condition of the piece ie. yellowing in some areas are also price factors.