• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Quote from Chuck

29 posts in this topic

Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?

Westley: Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

What's most amusing about all this is that you're intelligent guys and you know what the next 5-10 years will bring.

Are you saying that 5-10 years ago, when the new issue market was crashing that all intelligent guys knew that graded comics would be all of the rage and that Marvel movies would be fueling speculation on Marvel keys?

Kev

Are you saying that 5-10 years ago, when the new issue market was crashing that all intelligent guys knew that graded comics would be all of the rage and that Marvel movies would be fueling speculation on Marvel keys?

Nope, but just like the stock market, the smart buyers knew that prices were seriously depressed and there was no way they wouldn't go up.

Then was a prime time to buy, now it's a superb time to sell. ie. see Forum Legend.

I should have bought more than just X-Men, FF and Avengers, but I came out alright. grin.gif

Another perspective, perhaps?

Yes, the videogame industry - in which I've been directly and indirectly involved for the past 8 years - generates more revenue than "movie box office receipts." But in the case of the videogame industry, they're counting sales of everything, including hardware (consoles), peripherals, software, etc. In the case of the movie industry, those figures (that the IDSA touts when comparing itself to Hollywood) do NOT include the many "ancillary revenue streams" such as in-flight, pay-per-view, DVD and VHS rentals, etc. etc. The movie industry knows how to squeeze every last penny out of its intellectual property, while the videogame industry is still taking baby steps in this regard.

Something of the same holds true for comics.... Assuming Chuck is correct, he's still not factoring in the many, many other ways that DC, Marvel and the other publishers generate $ - movie rights, action figures, licensing of characters for endorsements of other kinds, etc. etc.

Just an observation...