• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Cautionary Tale

45 posts in this topic

I believe him. He seems to have an apprecitation for books just as we do. Anyone ever figure that maybe his story is true?

ok dads paypal was stolen, there is such a thing as a money order or cash. I don't believe the paypal thing for one second, mommy said no more money.

It sucks being 12.

I remember... tongue.gif

I feel bad for him if he is 12. I remember being 12. He is like a kid in a candy store. Buying with his eyes and not his wallet. But still seems odd. From this thread he has done this to 2 people. He never responds from the start. Then conviently his fathers paypal account was robbed. How is a Paypal acount robbed. I think thats baloney to cover the fact that when he went to mom or dad and asked for the money they said "No Way" . They should make him live up to his comitments.

I still have doubt that he is 12 , The web is a funny place, He can he a 90 year old russian woman for all we know.

I have a good example. On Ebay I purchased a Spiderman Comic book from a 16 year old. I paid $250 . I sent the money order . It was cashed and then he unregistered from Ebay. No replys to Email, I was mad but thought I lost $250.

Then I realized when I got his original email from the purchase it had a phone number, I called and asked the guy about the spiderman book he screwed me out of. I was mad. Turned out it was the kids dad. He was pissed and was gonna have a talk with his son. Told me not to worry. 3 days later I get a fedex package with an apology . He needed the money for college but didnt really want to get rid of his prized book. Now that is good parenting.