• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS on Ebay: Early Bronze HoM and HoS

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a whole load of early BA House of Mystery and House of Secrets comics listed individually ending tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday on Ebay. Most in the F/VF to VF/NM range but some pretty nice books. Check 'em out if interested.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsansc57803QQhtZ-1

Also a bunch of Spideys in there too.

Thanks-----Sid

Hey Sid,

Something was screwy with ebay tonight on your auctions that were closing out. I had put one of your books on watch (the HOS #103) and figured I'd put a bid in and then look at your other items for sale and possibly bid on some more. Well, when I hit the "view seller's other items" option it only brought up 30 of your items beginning with your HOM #174 ending in around 22 hours. It didn't even show the #103 I was watching!

Even when I keyed in "House of secrets" in the general search it did not bring up the #103 even though it had over 11 minutes left at the time I tried. If I had not had that one book on my watch list, I could not have even put the bid in that I did. Consequently, I was unable to bid on any of your other books closing out tonight because of this.

This was very strange, and I had not ever experienced this before on eBay, but it most certainly cost you any last minute bids on your books tonight. Just thought I should let you know about this.

John

Yeah, thanks again for letting me know that John. I notified Ebay about it. Yeah, that certainly pizzes me off. I realize that it was just a technical problem, but one that costs sellers money. It was not just my auctions either. Many sellers (maybe all?) had the same problem during that time and the problem is listed in their systems announcement board. I listed all the HoS books in a row knowing that obviously many people would bid during the last few minutes, and many on multiple items. I will of course honor all of the bids, but I feel as if Ebay owes me (and other sellers affected) some kind of compensation. I realize that this would be difficult considering all the auctions ending during that time, and not knowing exactly what they would have sold for if they had finished normally. Well anyway, somebody sure scored on this one, a NM- copy of HoS #98 for only $7.95. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...O%3AIT&rd=1

I believe I paid three or four times that for the book. And the only people who could have bid were those that had "watched" it. foreheadslap.gif There were many other travesties like this, but this was probably my worst. mad.gif

Bad timing for sure. tongue.gif

Definately a bummer on your auctions Sid.

Maybe I should get my bids in early in case this happens again tomorrow night 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Seriously though, eBay should have some kind of protocol in place to protect sellers in case of their technical difficulties...whether the extend the auctions or freeze them until the problems are fixed.

Yeah, thanks again for letting me know that John. I notified Ebay about it. Yeah, that certainly pizzes me off. I realize that it was just a technical problem, but one that costs sellers money. It was not just my auctions either. Many sellers (maybe all?) had the same problem during that time and the problem is listed in their systems announcement board. I listed all the HoS books in a row knowing that obviously many people would bid during the last few minutes, and many on multiple items. I will of course honor all of the bids, but I feel as if Ebay owes me (and other sellers affected) some kind of compensation. I realize that this would be difficult considering all the auctions ending during that time, and not knowing exactly what they would have sold for if they had finished normally. Well anyway, somebody sure scored on this one, a NM- copy of HoS #98 for only $7.95. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...O%3AIT&rd=1

I believe I paid three or four times that for the book. And the only people who could have bid were those that had "watched" it. foreheadslap.gif There were many other travesties like this, but this was probably my worst. mad.gif

Bad timing for sure. tongue.gif

I was wondering what happened. I just checked out your completed auctions and you got reamed on a bunch of books. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

$5 for a HOS 81? frown.gif

Yet another reason to sell on the boards.