• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanzines - Old and Rare

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find out more about old fanzines...

Fantastic Fanzine

Fantastic Fanzine Special

The Comic World

The Comic Artist

New York Comic Con

The Marvel Tribune

Marvel Manor

Marvel Mania

...And others

The Comic Art Price Guide was a good start but does not contain any info or prices on the stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Nesta

You can search ebay for sales that have ended,or you can put together a list and send it to either Doug Sulipa or one of the other dealers in the guide.If you tell them you are interested in buying them you'll get a better idea of what they are worth,not what they are buying them for.

Hi, nesta - I have The Comic Art Price Guide and there are prices in my copy. I don't know how accurate they are though. It also gives information about the publishers, artists, etc. What kind of information are you looking for? smile.gif

Hi, Bill - Marvel Mania (#1-4) is listed at these prices in GD, FN, NM: $5, $10, $25.

Seems to me that they might go for a little more than that, but I don't know. Great fanzine - probably the first fanzines I ever got.

Amazing Heroes isn't listed. Maybe the author didn't have room for it or thinks it's more of a "pro-zine" which would make sense since they paid for the work they published. At least I always got paid for my contributions where other "fanzines" didn't pay at all.