• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP The Mint. Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?!?!?

96 posts in this topic

The Batman mile high is a relist - at the Heritage auction Bill had his hand up quite a lot . . . . quite a lot . . . definitely have some very deep pocekts, yes he does . . .

DAM

But did you read that auction description?

"This auction is for a Batman Comics #28 CGC NM- 9.2. The pages are White. It is A D. C. Comics, 4-5/45. It is A Edgar Church (Mile High) copy. Joker appearance. Artwork by Jerry Robinson. "

"It is A D. C. Comics, 4-5/45."??????

WTF.... a $4K item and that's the most he has time for? Geez... Khaos lives in KC, hire him to write a freaking description...

A description that bad screams "you will get no customer service from me"...

But did you read that auction description?

"This auction is for a Batman Comics #28 CGC NM- 9.2. The pages are White. It is A D. C. Comics, 4-5/45. It is A Edgar Church (Mile High) copy. Joker appearance. Artwork by Jerry Robinson. "

"It is A D. C. Comics, 4-5/45."??????

WTF.... a $4K item and that's the most he has time for? Geez... Khaos lives in KC, hire him to write a freaking description...

A description that bad screams "you will get no customer service from me"...

Hmmm. And where IS this "The Mint" person and how would I go about becoming his protege?

Just go to any Heritage live auction. JP or his rep will be the 1 with his bid paddle up all the time. sumo.gif

You have no idea how true that is . . . my God, you have no idea how true that is . . .

DAM

Actually, most of those neat toys he got came from me! Including the Batman #28 Mile High. That book was almost flawless and was so awesome to look through. It deserved much more than the 9.2 CGC gave it!

Timely

Obviously you were not a reader of Gary Carter's very excellent Comic Book Marketplace magazine. It should be pretty easy to figure out who Timely is if you were a regular reader of the magazine.

I'll leave it for Timely to identify himself if he so wishes.

Now I am a Timely collector, but I collected DC Mile Highs for over 13 years. I owned about 200 of them from Action #25, More Fun #64 and Detective #109.

I am a reader of CBM since #2, but only had one article in there.

Timely

I haven't owned any of the DC Mile Highs owned a handful of the oddball titles at one time or another (Catman, Punch etc.) Wish I still had em frown.gif

So, what do you think is the hardest Timely to find. Personally I thought it was the Cap Annual.

The Subby final Timely issue is also a toughy.

Both the Marvel and Cap annuals are tough, but I'm not sure those really count since they are reprints for Canada. For US newstand books I'd suggest Marvel #91, Cap #66 and Comedy #9, just to name a few.

Timely

Timely;

I am surprise that Sfilosa has not yet figured out who you are. Those were pretty nice articles in CBM #2-#4. I thought you also had the Mile High copy of More Fun #61. Didn't you say at one time that the More Fun #61 and Adventure #79 would be the last books you would ever sell off. As a result, I thought you had left the comic book market a few years ago for the Original Art market.

It's nice to see that you are back. Still chasing after those bright colour green, blue, and red cover books which really stand out in high grade? I just hope that you are not back because of all the CGC hype since that may prove to be a big mistake in the long run.

Welcome back home!!!

True, they are reprints but still tough. I had a feeling you might say Comedy #9. But I'd say I see that one almost once a year after CBM had that rarity article. Same as All Winners 19.

I think Harley still has both for sale.

Cap 66 is a tough one, Marvel 91 is not ringing any bells but I'll check it out