• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-MEN 94

12 posts in this topic

Lotsa dirt but the color strike is real good. 8.5

Christo_pull_hair.gif I hate the improper use of the term "color strike" sumo.gif

btw, the scans are still off, both size and saturation. grin.gif

What is proper use of the term "color strike" ? Thats a grading term I don't know.

That's because it's not properly used as a grading term. "Color strike" is a term used in ceramics to describe whether or not a color obtained after firing the pottery was as intended by the artist. I am not aware of its use in the printing industry, as the intended color varies little from the resultant color, due to a generally more defined and predictable outcome, than in ceramics. In printing, an error in coloring would be better described as simply that, a mistake.

I'm sure that people who use this term as applied to printing are really just trying to say, "nice colors", only trying to sound like they know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, in the real world, misuse of terms on a ever-increasing basis, lends them to have a new meaning on their own, however misused they may have been at first. grin.gif

(with sincerest apologies to joeypost, and not to pick on him alone . . . flowerred.gif)