• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic raffle for richnerds sister-in law

42 posts in this topic

I was trying to figure what I could do to help and I found a duplicate copy of a book that was sitting around doing nothing so I figured it might provide a way to generate some $$$ for richnerds sister-in-law.

I figured each member who was interested could post $1 for each chance to win the SS book listed below. Obviously the more you post ($5 = 5 raffles) the greater your chance of winning.

I will leave the post up until Tuesday evening at 10 PM to allow everyone a chance/chances to win. I will put all the names in a hat and pull out a winner and whoever that is the book is your. All the money generated will go directly to richnerd's family.

Unless the forum disagree's or does not allow raffles I think this will be a good way to show our support and have some fun at the same time. After all you could win a $50+ book for a dollar. To cover everyone involved there needs to be at least $50 generated in order to consider the contest valid. If it goes well beyond that (I am hoping that is the case) richnerds family benefits even more.

Please reply to this thread and use the following format:

<username> bids $5

I will add all the bids to the hat and keep a running tab posted of what was bid so far.

Here's what you will be bidding on.

14457538_o.jpg

Got a problem with this? sumo.gif

Other than that it seems to be against the rules,as well as illegal,no.

I certainly hope this doesn't start a trend towards raffles here,charity or not.There are very good reasons why governments regulate raffles extensively.

"Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways"

I know, but as this is to help with a tragedy, I think CGC and board members will let this slide. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I doubt they'd want to see a ton of these suddenly appear though. grin.gif

I certainly hope this doesn't start a trend towards raffles here,charity or not.There are very good reasons why governments regulate raffles extensively.

That's my thought as well - I think CGC will let this one go, but I wouldn't advise people start emulating this, or simply for legal reasons, CGC will probably shut them down.

This is not for personal gain. It would have been easier to just send richnerd some money and sell the book outright. The purpose of this was to pull everyone together and have a whole bunch of smaller contributions equal a much larger whole.