• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another colour guide

6 posts in this topic

For those I bore with my recent acquisitions of proofs, acetates, guides I apologise but for you Marvel guys tell me if this wasn't an absolute steal.

Original X-men v X-men

Can't understand why the guy put it in the normal x-men category and check out his lack of a description and selling acumen. For $15 bucks I have 4 really really really cool presentation pieces.

and how about this one...

Hulk v Thing

or this

Hulk #206

and my current pride and joy (although it was no bargain)

Adams........Deadman

and to finish off

Batman and Captain America

cloud9.gif

I also picked up a Kirby Black Magic #4. What is really cool about it is that is has an incorrect month as to when it was published.

If anybody can host it for me then I will put it on the board.

Still think the X-men was a bargain.......

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you store your color guides? Secondly, if you display them do you have them professionally done with UV glass and then hermetically sealed?

confused.gif

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you store your color guides? Secondly, if you display them do you have them professionally done with UV glass and then hermetically sealed?

confused.gif

I am really into normal art (watercolours, oils etc etc) so I have a guy who does all my matting and framing (he frames for the Australian National Gallery). He uses UV resistant plexi glass (non reflective) and I display them in my study which has no direct sunlight and has 13' (' = a foot) ceilings which controls temperature variations very efficiently.

For those I don't frame (and this is going to sound wierd) I store them in a sauna room which is part of my bar. The sauna area is absolutely pitch black (i.e. no direct light at all) and has a minimal temeperature fluctuation.