• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the all time best superhero movie?

59 posts in this topic

seriously though, I think the MASK was a great film. Carrey was fabulous and hilarious and perfect for the part. Plus the effects were amazing, And Cameron Diaz before her superstar diet kicked in. And - - just when it was getting a bit long, the frickkin DOG puts on the mask! THAT was a huge surprise that just blew me away.

...and the mask device

and how it worked

the design of the Mask character..

and Stanley Ipkiss (sp)

etc

sure there was less to go with and more freedom to create fresh ideas compared to the major superhero characters with huge fan bases and recognition. But, a comic book movie is a comicbook movie.

unless the original question was solely about the usual suspects....DC, Marvel, and any other 'faithful' adaptations.

My favorite would have to be Superman 2. Although it appears to be a little dated right now, it had all the right elements, including characters, action, romance, etc.

I would like to have seen Superman Returns bring back the Phantom Zone villains, instead of a lame Kevin Spacey rendition of Luthor.

I notice no one mentioned Fantastic four, which sucked. Only movie worse than that was that punisher movie.

I have to go with the incredibles.

We're talking best. Oh yea, incredibles which was essentially a COPY of FF's powers.

incredibles was my favorite of all time

conan the barbarian i loved as a kid but isn't really a superhero

batman forever was very entertaining and would get the nod from me as far as marvel/dc heros go

superman 2 could have been great it had everything i dreamed of in a superman story as a kid but i thought the action scenes were just too cheesy! Plus my dad made it a double feature the day we saw superman 2 and the 2nd movie we saw was raiders of the lost ark...so the lasting memory of that afternoon was how much raiders of the lost ark blew away superman 2!

Best super-hero movie for me is "Batman Begins" I liked how the plot flowed and thought Christian Bale and Morgan Freedom did a really good job of acting in it. A very close second is the 2nd X-Men movie. I just loved it!, and really liked "Sin City" as well.

My favorite would have to be Superman 2. Although it appears to be a little dated right now, it had all the right elements, including characters, action, romance, etc.

I would like to have seen Superman Returns bring back the Phantom Zone villains, instead of a lame Kevin Spacey rendition of Luthor.

That's what kills me...I mean how many villians, situations, or plot lines are there in Superman comics and we are basically saying "Luthor or bust?" I don't get it. Supes II for me too.