• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone heard from Matt Wilson?

8 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine has three books with Matt being restored, but it has been over a year and Matt no longer returns his emails. He hasn't been in touch in six months. Anyone have any info?

Ouch! tonofbricks.gif

i had an amazing fantasy 15 restored by Matt back in 2000. It took well over a year and he was very hard to get in touch with at times, so i wouldn't be too worried -one thing i am sure of....he doesn't like to be rushed. i got him to return the book after only 6 months and it looked horrible but I ran into him at the 2000 san diego con(came off as a very nice guy) and got him to agree to take it back another 6 months later i finally got the book and it was beautiful! A top notch job! Best advice i can give would be contact his brother over at PGC mint and see if he can help you make contact with Matt---good luck! hi.gif

I had no idea Mark Wilson (PGCMint) had a brother in the biz also--what's the biz name he works under (or web site)?

matt wilson has long been thought of as one of the best restorers around, last i checked he had a website www.fantasymasterpieces.com and he has had a business called fantasy masterpieces for a very long time! As i understand it Matt was taught the art of restoration by his brother Mark. Matt is very talented at color touch and i would have to say the book i had done by him had extensive restoration and looked much nicer than any of the several books i had done by matt nelson!