• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

split spine w/ pic

16 posts in this topic

the Superman #1 in the CGC gallery, has a completely split spine and is graded at 1.8..

Ok, up my range from 1.0-1.8.

Still would like to see a scan.

That's a very nice copy.

Are the pages split at all and what's the quality?

I'd say 1.5 FA/Gd ( I haven't looked at the supes 1 in the gallery for comparison)

I've graded a Batman 65 that I have with a loose cover as a FA/GD for years, and I don't see a lose cover and full spine split as any better. Maybe CGC does?

Would that warrant a qualification?

A qualified label? No. The book is pretty beat. I mean, the bottom right corner is that of one which would be found in a low grade book. This book is just plain low grade. I think it might be good considering just getting the spine split sealed. If you don't it will only get larger and larger until it splits completely.

That was exactly what I was thinking.Prime candidate that still looks glossy.If turned into a 7.0 it might command a 3.0 or so price(but why sell).GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. I lived near Anchorage back in the early to mid 60's.

This is definitely a restoration canidate. I'd send the scans to some of the restoration people that advertise in Overstreet and get an estimate. The cost may very well be worth the restoration if it slabs out at a decent grade.