• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever wonder about the OS grading guide?

5 posts in this topic

I was just taking a look at my Overstreet grading guide. I was looking at 9.2 grades, and found that on page 184 there is a Gen13 #3 graded at a 9.2. The page clearly reads, "Numerous spine creases". Now go to page 174 where it writes out the guidelines for 9.2, and under "cover/exterior" it says, "No creases". gossip.gif

I don't get it. 27_laughing.gif

The grading guide isn't perfect and has quite a few contradictions. It's best used with real-world experience and the collected wisdom of the board members. There is a third edition in the works which I hope will be a bit more clear in its definitions.

Just an example that the second edition was not very good at all...pictures/defects too small or not discernible, text contradictory or too vauge or defects not even addressed....

It's like the 800 pound gorilla in the room...we're supposed to use it as a "bible", but it's seriously flawed or inadequate...and nobody ever seems to want to talk about that....

Hopefully the third will be better confused-smiley-013.gif