• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Books that are over priced in the guide

48 posts in this topic

Boy Commandos # 1 is soft in mid grade,Though I'd still love to have one at the right price(cheap).GOD BLESS...

I'm a HUGE Simon & Kirby fan, and the cover color hurts the appeal of the book a little for me. That said, the series is on my list to work on somewhere down the road.

Real Fact 5 (Batman Robin) and 6 (Tommy Tommorw Flag Cover)

I'd like to see someone get a grand for either of these books in high grade. Low grade is even worst.

Boy Commandos # 1 is soft in mid grade,Though I'd still love to have one at the right price(cheap).GOD BLESS...

I'm a HUGE Simon & Kirby fan, and the cover color hurts the appeal of the book a little for me. That said, the series is on my list to work on somewhere down the road.

This is one of those titles I never planned on working a run on, yet I've picked up copies here & there along the way. I may have to complete it, but I want it cheaply.

Leading Comics #1, Star-Spangled Comics #1, both excellent calls.

I'll add Uncle Sam Quarterly #1 and All-American #1 to that list. It's funny how tough to find All-American's #2-#15 are, when #1 pops up everywhere.

New Comics #1 is also much, much, much easier to find than its subsequent counterparts, which affects the price it realizes for sure.

I knew if i waited a bit someone would bring up more of the "key" GA DC's that I have picked up

I think I have all of these "over valued" #1 books as well except the New comics is a # 2

So far no one has mentioned all star #3 or Sensation #1 or Superboy # 1 or Strange Adventure #1or even houses of mystery and Secrets #1, but by now we are crossing over to silver age

1302194-sb1f.jpg

1302194-sb1f.jpg.d49ff2e1e6e8c13936fbe3d544c88c1a.jpg

Leading Comics #1, Star-Spangled Comics #1, both excellent calls.

I'll add Uncle Sam Quarterly #1 and All-American #1 to that list. It's funny how tough to find All-American's #2-#15 are, when #1 pops up everywhere.

New Comics #1 is also much, much, much easier to find than its subsequent counterparts, which affects the price it realizes for sure.

I knew if i waited a bit someone would bring up more of the "key" GA DC's that I have picked up

I think I have all of these "over valued" #1 books as well except the New comics is a # 2

So far no one has mentioned all star #3 or Sensation #1 or Superboy # 1 or Strange Adventure #1or even houses of mystery and Secrets #1, but by now we are crossing over to silver age

1302194-sb1f.jpg

Actually I think Sensation #1 has gained some steam the last couple of years.

One book that I think is way to pricey for what it is..More Fun 53. I love the book, but it is higher in the guide than Detective #28 and nearly as high as Action #2. I hardly think the second Spectre deserves such a lofty position.

One book that I think is way to pricey for what it is..More Fun 53. I love the book, but it is higher in the guide than Detective #28 and nearly as high as Action #2. I hardly think the second Spectre deserves such a lofty position.

Actually, I am quite in agreement with you here.

I have mentioned quite often in the past that the 2nd appearances seems to be rather undervalued in guide considering their significance. This is especially true if the 2nd appearance does not featured the star hero on the cover.

Detective Comics #28 is a perfect example since it only guides at around 7% of the value of 'Tec #27. Even Action #2 guides at just over 10% of the value of Action #1. If anything, I feel this should be reversed since I believe the 'Tec #28 is a bit tougher to find in comparison to the Action #2.

More Fun #53 guides out at around 54% of the value of MF #52. As you have already stated, probably overvalued, but collectors and OS always tend to place a real high premium on the hero covers.