• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

105 Days... 34 lbs... 5065 miles...

4 posts in this topic

Not only my daughter arrived yesterday but also a package from our ex-forum regular Scottish..

This was one package I didn't expect to show up anymore.

It was sent 107 days ago from his home in Olympia,WA to me in Belgium, a distance of 5065 miles.

I paid about $50.00 shipping as the weight was around the 34 lbs mark and was assured by the postal employee that it would arrive in 4-6 weeks...

Well it didn't. It took 16 bloody weeks to get here...The package wasn't stopped by customs,wasn't shipped to the wrong address, didn't make a detour via Bangkok, it just kinda drifted my way at a slow steady pace.

Of course I'm delighted it's here but I just wanted to warn everyone that is shipping outside of the country, that for some reason (improved security ?) packages now take WAY longer than ever to arrive.

I never had to wait more than a week than the max given transit time prior to this year...and even now I have two Mbags in transit, one which should have been here about 5 weeks ago.

So don't despair if something dissapears for a long while, chances are packages will turn up,just don't send anything with an expiration date less than 4 months... cool.gif

Holy shnikes! It's very disconcerting that it took so long, since I ship to you regularly and to Singapore via M-bags as well and these are M-bags carrying several thousands of dollars worth of books. I'm glad you got them all and I'm sure, once notified, that scottish would recover from his coma induced by his breakdown over the strain and worry of his books getting to you safely - the poor fragile chap...