• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sour grapes...

54 posts in this topic

thumbsup2.gif

And just to be fair to SNE...I recently sold a CGC 9.2 that I had purchased from them last year that was advertised as a 9.2 and I've also recieved some books that were undergraded by them...

Also in defense of SNE, I purchased a lot of three books from them a year or two ago. One of the books had a coupon cut. I called them on the phone and offered to return in the book in exchange for a refund of 1/3 of the auction price. SNE refunded my money, no questions asked, and told me to keep the book. I was impressed.

As far as that complainer goes, he should post scans of his books. How many of us have overgraded our precious keys?

And...

"Don't touch that squirrel's nuts!"

And just to be fair...

Since when? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

stooges.gif

In fairness to Showcase, most of the books that I have received from them in the past have been right on grade wise. I was letting bushdogg know that Showcase is not always in alignment with CGC. Also, the lower the grade, the more difficult it is to grade and thus more apt to see a variance in opinion. I was most interested in the "9.0" that CGC gave a 6.0.

I have to agree with one of the complaints that I saw in the feedback though, every book that I have purchased from SNE never came bagged and boarded.

I never purchased anything spectacular from them, but even your little guy knows to put bags and boards on the books, especially if you are advertising them as NM or better. They sure as heck ain't gonna stay that way for long if they are not bagged and boarded.

I must state here that SNE has ALWAYS treated me great.

My very first IMSM CGC NM 9.4 WHITE was from them about 4 years ago.

One time I bought a Iron Man # 6 w/ Crusher on cover supposed to be NM 9.6 BUT it had a tiny green stain on the back cover that I believe them when they said they missed it. When I emailed Cindy for a follow-up she told me they mailed me refund check and I went to PO Box and the cheque was there THAT DAY!!! I still think they mailed that cheque before I even mailed them the comic back. They took me on my word, which made me like them more!

I have had several transactions and they always did good by me. Whatever I said about their grading they believed me. Cindy is most helpful. A few times I did deal w/ Dan H. and he also was good to me and gave me some advice on things that he turned out to be correct on.

Yes I do have UV lights, loupes, you-name-it I have it and yes I do check the incoming comics for resto and I know what to look for. No they have NEVER sent me a trimmed, color-touched-staple-replaced-tear-sealed comic. I TRIED to catch them even slightly to overgrade, and they never did.

CAL the Collector :cool:

"THESE GUYS ARE THIEVES WHO CATER TO THEIR BUDDIES AND SCREW THE REST OF US BY TRYING TO KEEP THE NUMBER OF HIGH GRADE ISSUES DOWN!"

I guess he thinks 5s and 6ses are high grade. If so, I have a lot of books I'd like to sell him!!

Although I don't totally disagree with him in that there does seem to be a lot of randomness in the 4.5 - 6.0 range, but then again, there's a lot of randomness among raw sellers in that range too. Politics? I don't know.

1299142-mooning-squirrel.gif

Frank Nutssy - Head grader. MGC (Mica Grading Company)

I thought that was Earl(Coinslot)Jenkins? Hard to keep my grading squirells straight.

BTW, that CS letter in the first post is a laugher. This part especially

"X-MEN #2 = I said 5.5, seller says 5.5, CGC says... 4.5. RIDICULOUS!!"

Golly, A whole grade different!!! No Way!! Not in the 5.0 range!! NEVER could there ever be such a discrepancy as this when grading midgrades, NEVER!!

The guy doesn't post grading notes, nor scans but wants to be taken seriously?

Not screwy.gif

Ze-

Our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GONE!!!

I don't remember the first amendment mentioning the freedom to take a dump on someone else's property,

then complain if they clean up the mess you made. confused-smiley-013.gif

Our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GONE!!!

I don't remember the first amendment mentioning the freedom to take a dump on someone else's property,

then complain if they clean up the mess you made. confused-smiley-013.gif

I believe there's a Supreme Court holding to that effect . . . insane.gif