• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sour grapes...

54 posts in this topic

I am a very accurate grader and these books were purchased from reliable sellers such as Showcase New England.

Oh! Well if Showcase New England says they are X grade then that's good enough for me.

insane.gif

screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif

SNE is suppose to be the grading standard? crazy.gif

Did he post any scans?

At least when most people here start beetching about their submissions they back them up with some scans.

sumo.gif

1299142-mooning-squirrel.gif

Frank Nutssy - Head grader. MGC (Mica Grading Company)

I'd rather have my comics graded by CGC's trained squirrels than by the Jack asssess at PGX sumo.gif

Also, if he is so unhappy with CGC grading than just crack the slab and submit it to the 1 trained mule at PGX, I guarantee you that the CGC 6.5 will come back as a 5.5 PGX

This is his problem. He's obviously bought a number of books from SNE and is probably taking his grading steer from Danny G...who couldn't find his arse with both hands and a spotlight.

SNE are renowned over-graders and have an annoying tendency to 'miss' restoration (oops!). This guy is simply buying from the wrong folk.

Oh, and he's also a total tosser, obviously. tongue.gif

Lets check Showcase New England's grading:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZshowcase-new-englandQQhtZ-1

Check out the 4 neutrals. One guy left New England a neutral for bad grading and New England leaves him 2 negatives 893naughty-thumb.gif

Received

Buyer buddyscollectibles ( 159) Jul-02-06 10:24 6633677219

Follow-up by buddyscollectibles: Books not as described, I received retaliatory negative feedback ! Jul-04-06 18:41

This is his problem. He's obviously bought a number of books from SNE and is probably taking his grading steer from Danny G...who couldn't find his arse with both hands and a spotlight.

SNE are renowned over-graders and have an annoying tendency to 'miss' restoration (oops!). This guy is simply buying from the wrong folk.

Oh, and he's also a total tosser, obviously. tongue.gif

Probably upset that he paid multiples for a mid grade book when the thought he was getting SNE Gold. I have looked at some of their auctions and cannot figure out how they get the crazy prices they do for books that are listed at 8.0-9.0. Thats a fairly wide margin to give on $$$$$$ books.

Lets check Showcase New England's grading:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZshowcase-new-englandQQhtZ-1

Check out the 4 neutrals. One guy left New England a neutral for bad grading and New England leaves him 2 negatives 893naughty-thumb.gif

Received

Buyer buddyscollectibles ( 159) Jul-02-06 10:24 6633677219

Follow-up by buddyscollectibles: Books not as described, I received retaliatory negative feedback ! Jul-04-06 18:41

A lot of "mutually withdrawn" too:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=showcase-new-england&Dirn=Received+by

These are funny too:

Water damage should have been noted. I won't shop here again!

Buyer schatzedog ( 64) Sep-15-05 12:33 6552604771

Reply by showcase-new-england: Still, the books are acuaretly graded.

Good service, but some books had severe pen marks not mentioned in auction.

Buyer clearviewb ( 39) Aug-31-05 04:56 6538134246

Reply by showcase-new-england: Still, they were accurately graded.

WARNING! AMERICA HAS COLLAPSED!

Posted: 7/5/2006 7:20:16 PM Views: 0

NEGATIVE COMENTARY CONCERNING THE BOYS OF CGC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Just so everyone knows, If you post anything negative about CGC's grading, THE MAN will remove it. Our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GONE!!!

I posted a negative editorial on this message board this morning. It was removed less than 12 hours later. This is absolute HORSESH*T! Somebody, anybody, everybody, please e-mail the webmaster of this site and speak up for our First Amendment Rights. I guess my commentary on the preferential treatment of certain customers of CGC must have struck a cord with the RIGHT PEOPLE!!! But, I will say it again, when comics purchased from Showcase New England and Jerry Weist are 1.5 to 3 grades off. SOMETHING IS WRONG. These guys are Overstreet advisors. Oh well. I would write more, but IT WILL JUST BE REMOVED!

insane.gif

WARNING! AMERICA HAS COLLAPSED!

Posted: 7/5/2006 7:20:16 PM Views: 0

NEGATIVE COMENTARY CONCERNING THE BOYS OF CGC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Just so everyone knows, If you post anything negative about CGC's grading, THE MAN will remove it. Our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GONE!!!

I posted a negative editorial on this message board this morning. It was removed less than 12 hours later. This is absolute HORSESH*T! Somebody, anybody, everybody, please e-mail the webmaster of this site and speak up for our First Amendment Rights. I guess my commentary on the preferential treatment of certain customers of CGC must have struck a cord with the RIGHT PEOPLE!!! But, I will say it again, when comics purchased from Showcase New England and Jerry Weist are 1.5 to 3 grades off. SOMETHING IS WRONG. These guys are Overstreet advisors. Oh well. I would write more, but IT WILL JUST BE REMOVED!

insane.gif

America hasn't collapsed, only his mental stability.

I hope this loon was banned from submitting, too.

I have tried to train squirrels and it's impossible without a good supply of walnuts.

That guy that trained one to water ski must have bought them by the pallet.

1299332-squirrel.jpg

I'm thinking...10.0. Can I partake of the nut?

1299332-squirrel.jpg.2cd36e68026b51f2e9b877a78cabe8d9.jpg

I emailed Bushdogg when his post first appeared and invited him to post scans of the books here so all could see. I let him know that everyone here on the chat boards is very fair minded and that he would get some great feedback. stooges.gif

I also let him know, from my personal experience, that Showcase has sold me many "NM" books, but when they arrived, they were only Fn/Vf (Interesting to see from the posts here that others have had the same experience.)

He emailed me back that he hasn't received the books from CGC, he had only viewed the grades on line, but will post the scans once he receives the books.