• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely valuation questions...

27 posts in this topic

For those that can't or are too lazy to sign in, the slightly restored VF+ copy went for 833 the unrestored F+ went for 1380.

Win, Lou, Mike...

Thanks for the help guys. thumbsup2.gif

Lets use a specific example here, so I can get a more definite value. Take the MM 29 with moderate to extensive resto. I would put it at App. VF, and unrestored guide in that grade is $1294. What would you put this one at then? $400? $500?

$500 at the top end. The trimmed Cap 8 is probably a $300-400 book, mainly because of the trimming. I had a restored 3.5 Cap 6 (with moderate restoration) that sold for $350 18 months ago, if that helps.

Win, Lou, Mike...

Thanks for the help guys. thumbsup2.gif

Lets use a specific example here, so I can get a more definite value. Take the MM 29 with moderate to extensive resto. I would put it at App. VF, and unrestored guide in that grade is $1294. What would you put this one at then? $400? $500?

$500 at the top end. The trimmed Cap 8 is probably a $300-400 book, mainly because of the trimming. I had a restored 3.5 Cap 6 (with moderate restoration) that sold for $350 18 months ago, if that helps.

It does help. It's proving much tougher than expected to find accurate data points. The Heritage archives only have a handful of extensively restored Timelys, and none in 7.5, 8.0 or 8.5.

October,

I have a larger number of Timely books in my collection and can provide a direct datapoint and an indirect datapoint. The direct datapoint is a unrestored CGC 4.0 MM 29 that purchased for $600 on ebay a couple of months ago. I also have a high grade extensively restored MM 19 that I purchased from Metro for $525. The book looks like a 9.4. Hope that helps.

October,

I have a larger number of Timely books in my collection and can provide a direct datapoint and an indirect datapoint. The direct datapoint is a unrestored CGC 4.0 MM 29 that purchased for $600 on ebay a couple of months ago. I also have a high grade extensively restored MM 19 that I purchased from Metro for $525. The book looks like a 9.4. Hope that helps.

That does help. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif