• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes con Marvel Zombies print

95 posts in this topic

Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

speaking of which - and without wishing to get into a discussion about the other stuff you mentioned, none of which i strongly disagree with - i have a program i can email you in the off chance it would work. it's a pretty strong program.

my email is in my profile

Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

speaking of which - and without wishing to get into a discussion about the other stuff you mentioned, none of which i strongly disagree with - i have a program i can email you in the off chance it would work. it's a pretty strong program.

my email is in my profile

27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Way to throw the guy under the bus.

I've paid for free giveaways before. If I couldn't attend the con and something way given away that I wanted, I can't expect random people to just give them to me. It'd be different if a friend of mine went and then decided to charge me for something...but, surprise, the board isn't a family to most people. It's a bunch of comic collectors that share a common interest: comic collecting! Does that mean Joe Collector needs to be some altruistic and benevolent person? Hell no.

I just don't get why people are ragging on this guy...

Thank you for defending My actions.

people drop their asking prices on a book because they know it's going to someone who needs it.

Who absolutely needs a comic book and why would you even say this unless you go around begging to have prices dropped. Your whole opinion really sheds bad light on you. Now I don't know you personally even though we are board family, but come on, if you don't like the price on something MOVE ALONG!, i thought we were past bad mouthing someone in their own selling thread. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I don't understand the big deal here. Sure it was free, but there is also a demand for it. I guess we'll all know if his $10 is fair whether he sells any or not. But just because he has no money in it, should that make it free to us? How about if the original owner of an FF #1 9.6 only has $.10 in the book, should that mean he is only allowed to ask $.10 for the book?

I don't understand the big deal here. Sure it was free, but there is also a demand for it. I guess we'll all know if his $10 is fair whether he sells any or not. But just because he has no money in it, should that make it free to us? How about if the original owner of an FF #1 9.6 only has $.10 in the book, should that mean he is only allowed to ask $.10 for the book?

AMEN (oops can i mix comics and religion?), so anyone want to give me their dealer variant heroes print since it was free?

AMEN (oops can i mix comics and religion?), so anyone want to give me their dealer variant heroes print since it was free?

Does it count if I plan on stealing Jeff's?

again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

I couldn't disagree with that more strongly. I have been on plenty of boards and have never seen a community like this where there is so much generosity and such a willingness to help others. Sometimes these acts are small and at other times their much more then that. Take all the donations to Rich for example. How about the one time someone sent Old Guy a high grade bronze slab out of the blue, for free. These are the things we know about but so much more happens behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times the poster before you (joeypost) has thrown in free books into an order for me or how people drop their asking prices on a book because they know it's going to someone who needs it.

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment. Nothing major and it wasn't asked for but it showed appreciation for the effort i did.

I would need 10 pairs of new hands to count the gestures the likes of Foolkiller and Nikos make time and again or Comicdey spending hours looking for books for me. I'm leaving plenty of people out but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Last night for example i posted that my hardrive had been deleted and i lost all my data. Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

These are the kind of gestures that make this such a great place. Im not saying you can't make money here, not at all. It's just the way thecollector is going about it is the wrong way. King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

There is always the flip side to that. I would need 10 pairs of hands to count the number of lowball offers I have gotten, or the number of people who have PMed me wanting something for far under market value. YES, I make a profit flipping here sometimes and it gets annoying when someone says "well, you only paid XYZ for the book, that's what I want it for". Why would I turn around and pass along a deal I spent hours/days/weeks looking for? Are you going to pay for my time? What about the deals that DIDN'T pan out? Are you going to reimburse me for the money I lost on those? Listen, I don't mind giving people good deals, but I don't spend time trolling eBay and rooting out collections to get bargains for someone sitting on the sidelines. I don't begrudge someone making a sale worth their while and neither should anyone else. This isn't a hippie commune here.

again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

I couldn't disagree with that more strongly. I have been on plenty of boards and have never seen a community like this where there is so much generosity and such a willingness to help others. Sometimes these acts are small and at other times their much more then that. Take all the donations to Rich for example. How about the one time someone sent Old Guy a high grade bronze slab out of the blue, for free. These are the things we know about but so much more happens behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times the poster before you (joeypost) has thrown in free books into an order for me or how people drop their asking prices on a book because they know it's going to someone who needs it.

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment. Nothing major and it wasn't asked for but it showed appreciation for the effort i did.

I would need 10 pairs of new hands to count the gestures the likes of Foolkiller and Nikos make time and again or Comicdey spending hours looking for books for me. I'm leaving plenty of people out but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Last night for example i posted that my hardrive had been deleted and i lost all my data. Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

These are the kind of gestures that make this such a great place. Im not saying you can't make money here, not at all. It's just the way thecollector is going about it is the wrong way. King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

There is always the flip side to that. I would need 10 pairs of hands to count the number of lowball offers I have gotten, or the number of people who have PMed me wanting something for far under market value. YES, I make a profit flipping here sometimes and it gets annoying when someone says "well, you only paid XYZ for the book, that's what I want it for". Why would I turn around and pass along a deal I spent hours/days/weeks looking for? Are you going to pay for my time? What about the deals that DIDN'T pan out? Are you going to reimburse me for the money I lost on those? Listen, I don't mind giving people good deals, but I don't spend time trolling eBay and rooting out collections to get bargains for someone sitting on the sidelines. I don't begrudge someone making a sale worth their while and neither should anyone else. This isn't a hippie commune here.

thumbsup2.gif i don't see milehigh chuck giving deals either

Don't get me wrong, I am not against giving deals. Hell, I give them all the time. Buyers just have to realize this isn't a zero sum game. Just because I bought a book for $10 doesn't mean that's what I can sell it for. Sometimes I need to ask $11 or $12 or whatever just to break even overall. If I sold every nice book I have at what I paid, but was forced to sell every crapppy book at market value, I would lose money. One makes up for the other. I don't know why people don't understand that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't get me wrong, I am not against giving deals. Hell, I give them all the time. Buyers just have to realize this isn't a zero sum game. Just because I bought a book for $10 doesn't mean that's what I can sell it for. Sometimes I need to ask $11 or $12 or whatever just to break even overall. If I sold every nice book I have at what I paid, but was forced to sell every crapppy book at market value, I would lose money. One makes up for the other. I don't know why people don't understand that. confused-smiley-013.gif

i agree 100%, if someone wants the book they will buy it, if not they should be quiet and move along and not take shots on the person's thread. It's not a hard concept but few understand it.

I did on friday. 893whatthe.gif

i said giving deals not taking advantage of down on their luck $1 box sellers poke2.gif

There really is a TON of this stuff going on here. I got a nice copy of a book on my want list in the mail yesterday from someone here. When I PMed asking what I owe he said "don't worry, pay it forward". And I do! And will continue to! Sal and I have sent books to each other for nothing, or in trade and I can site a dozen other times I've sent book for nothing and/or received books for nothing. This is a one of a kind play, for sure.

This is entertaining.... but I think the main point of Anfield Fox's arguement was he didn't really see the point of someone trying to sell something that was free and pretty much worthless. I didn't really see the point of a someone taking more than 1 poster and then trying to sell. But once StrongGuy mentioned there were several of these left over, I don't see a problem.

But stop calling these prints, they are POSTERS. I don't want anyone to be confused when I sell my HOT dealer variant PRINTS from 2005 and 2006.

All this other junk about $400 hotels, comics for cheap, lowball offers, and "Adam Hughes didn't even give me a reach around!" isn't important.

Just remember "Dealer variant PRINT" and get a damn sense of humor.

This is entertaining.... but I think the main point of Anfield Fox's arguement was he didn't really see the point of someone trying to sell something that was free and pretty much worthless. I didn't really see the point of a someone taking more than 1 poster and then trying to sell. But once StrongGuy mentioned there were several of these left over, I don't see a problem.

But stop calling these prints, they are POSTERS. I don't want anyone to be confused when I sell my HOT dealer variant PRINTS from 2005 and 2006.

All this other junk about $400 hotels, comics for cheap, lowball offers, and "Adam Hughes didn't even give me a reach around!" isn't important.

Just remember "Dealer variant PRINT" and get a damn sense of humor.

Yeah, selling free stuff might be pushing the envelope a bit, but there is an unspoken rule in the marketplace (or at least there used to be) that you don't craaap on someone else's sales thread unless there is a VERY good reason for it. Personally, I don't think this qualifies. confused-smiley-013.gif

....then again, maybe I am wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif