• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes con Marvel Zombies print

95 posts in this topic

What do they look like? Just curious.
Like a comic book, Tubby.

actually, it's a poster. but only about 20% larger than a comic.

flowerred.gif

What do they look like? Just curious.
Like a comic book, Tubby.

actually, it's a poster. but only about 20% larger than a comic.

flowerred.gif

Still looks like a comic book image to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Werent these things given out for free?

gossip.gif yes, but so are the comics you get on Free Comic Day...yet they get sold on Ebay everyday confused-smiley-013.gif

hey, no qualms with it, but I thought they were free.

Arex

It's one thing to sell something on eBay to strangers but it's another to go pinching a few bucks off board members on something that was given away free for fans. Hell this collector kid tried to sell me some slabs that he had won right here on the boards after i missed out - at a price of course. Total value was like 20 bucks and he wanted a few bucks in his back pocket to pass a go and cancel the deal with the seller.

gossip.gif yes, but so are the comics you get on Free Comic Day...yet they get sold on Ebay everyday confused-smiley-013.gif

Arex

It's one thing to sell something on eBay to strangers but it's another to go pinching a few bucks off board members on something that was given away free for fans. Hell this collector kid tried to sell me some slabs that he had won right here on the boards after i missed out - at a price of course. Total value was like 20 bucks and he wanted a few bucks in his back pocket to pass a go and cancel the deal with the seller.

popcorn.gif

Arex

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Before I left they agreed to pay me $5 to bring back a poster...I'm just puttin' that out there.

Hey don't get me wrong, he can do what he wants. Im not "mad" or "pissed" or anything like that. But when you think about it, some of us are not as lucky to be able to go to cons, meet creators and get free stuff and so i just think to ask for money on something like this goes against the spirit of the boards. Especially when you take multiples of something with a view of turning a quick buck. Maybe it's just me.

Hey don't get me wrong, he can do what he wants. Im not "mad" or "pissed" or anything like that. But when you think about it, some of us are not as lucky to be able to go to cons, meet creators and get free stuff and so i just think to ask for money on something like this goes against the spirit of the boards. Especially when you take multiples of something with a view of turning a quick buck. Maybe it's just me.

well, i dunno. to be Devil's Advocate for a second, $10 is how much it cost to get into the show if you weren't an Exhibitor, so it's not as though this is an amount different than you would have paid if you went to Heroes and picked one up - absent of course the opportunity to take in the sights and smells that is Heroes Con. again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

well, i dunno. to be Devil's Advocate for a second, $10 is how much it cost to get into the show if you weren't an Exhibitor, so it's not as though this is an amount different than you would have paid if you went to Heroes and picked one up - absent of course the opportunity to take in the sights and smells that is Heroes Con. again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

I agree with the Fox on this one, I think the key difference is

...if you went to Heroes and picked one up
$10 entry gets you one poster as Shelton's way of saying "thanks" for coming to the show. I don't think these were meant to be taken in multiples and sold for $10 each.

Now Shelton told me specifically to sell my dealer variant print on ebay to make gas money yay.gif

I agree with the Fox on this one, I think the key difference is

...if you went to Heroes and picked one up
$10 entry gets you one poster as Shelton's way of saying "thanks" for coming to the show. I don't think these were meant to be taken in multiples and sold for $10 each.

Now Shelton told me specifically to sell my dealer variant print on ebay to make gas money yay.gif

quit pimping that 893censored-thumb.gif variant print already. we all know about it and no one wants to buy it

poke2.gif

Arex

Yes, these were free.

Yes, I have a stack of them.

Yes, I will send one to anyone who wants it -- just pay shipping.