• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Panel Discussion On NOD, AACC - Sat, July 22nd, 3:30 - 5:00 pm

19 posts in this topic

Title: Promoting A Safe And Enjoyable Environment For Collecting and Investing in Comic Books

Description: This open meeting/panel presentation will focus on new and forthcoming developments in the comic book community. Representatives from the newly created Network of Disclosure (http://www.networkofdisclosure.com/), the American Association of Comicbook Collectors (http://www.aacc-info.com/) and others will discuss their respective organizations and ideas for the future of the hobby. All collectors, dealers and prospective new members are welcome to attend. Presenters include David Armstrong, AACC, Brent Moeshlin, NOD, Mark S. Zaid, NOD, and others to be named.

Time: 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm

Feel free to contact me on my cell at 202-498-0011 during the Convention if you can't find the room details, which will be listed in the SD program and on the official website.

Hope everyone can attend!

Sounds cool Mark. The panel last year was great and I will certainly be at this one this year. Was CGC invited? Of course having SB or a representative might add some interesting commentary. I realize the panel is not about slabbing, but it is certainly one of the important aspects of the hobby these days.

Sounds cool Mark. The panel last year was great and I will certainly be at this one this year. Was CGC invited? Of course having SB or a representative might add some interesting commentary. I realize the panel is not about slabbing, but it is certainly one of the important aspects of the hobby these days.

They haven't been invited to serve as a panelist as the discussion is far broader than slabbing, but I certainly hope multiple CGC officers, especially Steve B, come to participate in the discussion. While there will be "presentations", there will be a lot of time for discussion amongst the audience. Collecting comics is all about the collector/investor after all! thumbsup2.gif

Can you have a model be the moderator?

Uuhhh, Tim - that's SUPERmodel, please.................... thumbsup2.gif

Harry, my standards (and expectations) aren't as high as yours! 27_laughing.gif Any model will do for me, unless it's a "before" model for a weight loss ad.

Mark, if i am reading the schedule correct, there is a conflict with the preceding event in the same room. The Little Lulu Meeting is scheduled from 3-4pm, also in room 24A?? Ron

Thanks Ron. I've notified the conference organizers to clear this up. I've heard those Little Lulu folks can be mean and hornery so I don't want to have to get into a fight with them over who is using the room. 893naughty-thumb.gifsleeping.gif893whatthe.gif

Mark, if i am reading the schedule correct, there is a conflict with the preceding event in the same room. The Little Lulu Meeting is scheduled from 3-4pm, also in room 24A?? Ron

Thanks Ron. I've notified the conference organizers to clear this up. I've heard those Little Lulu folks can be mean and hornery so I don't want to have to get into a fight with them over who is using the room. 893naughty-thumb.gifsleeping.gif893whatthe.gif

It was an error. We will be in room 22. Nice catch Ron!

Pleased to report that the panel discussion/meeting will also include our very own Arnold Blumberg, Curator, Geppi Museum, to provide a first-hand account of what to expect at the Museum and how it will stimulate interest in the comic community.

Looking forward to it! 893applaud-thumb.gif