• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Ebay bidders certainly have nerve

93 posts in this topic

Little shiester. Trying to pull one over on THIS dealer. I am going to refund this guy his payment. Thanks for the tip. thumbsup2.gif

Sid, that is just too much! 27_laughing.gif Dude knows what he wants insane.gif

Little shiester. Trying to pull one over on THIS dealer. I am going to refund this guy his payment. Thanks for the tip. thumbsup2.gif

Sid, that is just too much! 27_laughing.gif Dude knows what he wants insane.gif

you should have KEPT it. it's not like you sent him a bill or a cost for goods or anything. the guy gave you nine bux out of the goodness of his heart

If I am not mistaken that book had the word Classic written on the Front cover. I have seen this particular book sell for upwards of $50 on ebay. Sometimes it goes for a lot less but I remember it selling for that at least once. I assume the buyer also was aware of the value as well.

Just check out what this seller wants for his copy Spidey 292

Exactly. I've seen this book sell for even more. It really seems like the guy was trying to strong arm you into selling the book cheap. Would you care to tell us his user ID?

I'm not too bright - I figured out the user ID from the link. I have to say I've heard this ID before...

USER ID = friendly_andy

He seems to be well likes based on his feedback. To bad he's a scammer.

If I am not mistaken that book had the word Classic written on the Front cover. I have seen this particular book sell for upwards of $50 on ebay. Sometimes it goes for a lot less but I remember it selling for that at least once. I assume the buyer also was aware of the value as well.

foreheadslap.gif you got it. It does say "classic" and that it what he wanted me to confirm. Little shiester. Trying to pull one over on THIS dealer. I am going to refund this guy his payment. Thanks for the tip. thumbsup2.gif

Yea,. please do. That little [embarrassing lack of self control]. sign-rantpost.gif

Exactly. I've seen this book sell for even more. It really seems like the guy was trying to strong arm you into selling the book cheap. Would you care to tell us his user ID?

I'm not too bright - I figured out the user ID from the link. I have to say I've heard this ID before...

USER ID = friendly_andy

I don't think he's a scammer at all . . . a hustler, yes, but a scammer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

USER ID = friendly_andy

I don't think he's a scammer at all . . . a hustler, yes, but a scammer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

one thing's for sure...if there's a So Much Fun auction out there from a seller who doesn't know what he's got, ole Andy's gonna try and get him to stop the auction early

This kid (?) really tried to pull a fast one. He is a scammer . I say that because he sent the $5 without being asked, He was trying to take advantage of someone who had no clue what he had. And was trying to get the $5 there as fast as he could so he could get away with it before you figured it out. He was being minipulative with your auction. If he tried and asked if you would accept $5 and asked when he can send it then I would think diferently, But he justsaid its worth $5 and here it is "Now give me the book" .

Please let us know what he reply is when he figured out hes not getting a $75-$100 book for $5 . It might be priceless. Might even say "we had an agreement and send the $5 "again. I have dealt with some "strange people" on Ebay.

USER ID = friendly_andy

one thing's for sure...if there's a So Much Fun auction out there from a seller who doesn't know what he's got, ole Andy's gonna try and get him to stop the auction early

All I see is a guy that took a chance. If he would have just backed off after the first email he would have been OK. It was the aggressive nature that he displayed that concerns me. Most seasoned comic dealers would have picked up on the vibes this guy was sending out and said maybe I have something better than I originally thought. I cannot tell you how grateful I am of these boards, not only for the great comics but the education you receive along the way.

Not changing the subject but I dont want to start a new thread, (About ebays with nerve) I had sold this package of hockey stuff (NY Rangers) on Ebay . Was the promotional stuff they give Season Ticket Holders. and It went for $75.

I email seller for the $75 . He emailes back he will send it PAYPAL. But he wants my address. I say "You are paying PAYPAL, you dont need my address" then he says my phone number is not on my Ebay ID page. I tell him "SO" just send paypal. He says "NO" not until I get your address. ( Just so ya;ll know we both live in NJ) I say "NO" . He says he will not pay until I give him my phone number. ( I check his Feedback and there is a negative , and get this its for calling the guys house and yelling at his wife!!) . I say FU and the auction is over. I tell him square your not getting ANYTHING . Jerk. He then calls Ebay and says I dont have a phone number on my ID., They suspend my account. I put an old cell phone number back on the account and they reinstate me. He then emails me that that no one is answering my phone. I tell him "OH WELL" .

Get an email 3 weeks later and he wants to know when he can send PAYPAL. . AT this point I want him gone so I say if you send PAYPAL in the next 5 minutes I will send it. He does and I ship it UPS with the return address of a Post Office Box at the UPS store . I knew he thought he could get my address that way.

I have no way of ever knowing why he wanted it. But with a family at home its not a risk I was taking.

If the guy passes the book is mine yay.gif

Hi Anfield. hi.gif

I guess I agree with all that's said. The guy just got greedy.

As far as the book itself goes, I've seen quite a few for sale in the last couple months. I think the price has come down a bit. Here's another thread on just the ASM 292. I think aobut $50 for a NM copy.

A Week's Worth of ASM 292

If the guy passes the book is mine yay.gif

Yes, I'm giving the little bugger until tomorrow morning to come up with the $30, and if he doesn't, Anfield get's it for that price. I graded it as a VF/NM. I'll scan it here later when I get home.

Maybe it's worth more, I don't know, but I'm not going to try to be greedy since I really was (I hate to say) the clueless dealer in this instance. Thanks for the help guys. If I hadn't started this thead, this dude would have snagged quite the book for $5. However, sometime over the last few years I also nabbed this book as part of a lot. Neither that seller nor I knew it was worth more than 50 cents. tongue.gif

If this dude e-mails me again I'll post his response.

USER ID = friendly_andy

scam Audio pronunciation of "scammer" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skm) Slang

n.

A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

I stand by my statement. sumo.gif

he's not going to be willing to shell out $30..I'm betting the book is Anfields for a fair price.

he was going to flip it on ebay, and there's not enough profit at $30 for that.