• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Budding Marvel Fan?

19 posts in this topic

Okay, so King and Silvers are young, but not as much as this guy. He can't read beaters on the toilet yet, but at the ripe age of 2 I just bought my nephew/godson his first comic-related toy and he seems to love it. We need all the fresh blood we can muster!

tier.jpg

tier2.jpg

My son, who is 6 1/2, kinda has drifted away from comics and related stuff for Darth Vader stuff. Apparently the Sith Lord is an irresistable cool icon. I really can't argue that either.

My son, who is 6 1/2, kinda has drifted away from comics and related stuff for Darth Vader stuff. Apparently the Sith Lord is an irresistable cool icon. I really can't argue that either.

He's just a Dr. Doom clone. tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Probably true, but son thinks Dr. Doom isn't cool. Maybe if Doom had a light saber.

Probably true, but son thinks Dr. Doom isn't cool. Maybe if Doom had a light saber.

screwy.gif

My son (5) loves comics. Has developed a love for Marvel over DC just like I did as a kid. And I tried to let him enjoy both. Other than Teen Titans he loves Spiderman, Dr Doom, Xmen. He also is a huge Darth Vader and Star Wars fan (ws Darth for Halloween last year) along with Transformers. Which both I also love . So we do just about everything together which is cool. We watch Revenge of the Sith almost every day. ANd keep watching the Spiderman and Transformers trailers every day.

Here he is as Darth Vader

LittleVader4.jpg

lol He loves General Grievous. We Tivoed (that a word) the Sith and he watches it back daily.

We play the Star Wars Lego PS2 game for hours. He loves to be Grievous with the 4 light sabers. My wife , bless her. this is a Comic Book, Star Wars, Transformers and Video Game house and she deals with it .

lol He loves General Grievous. We Tivoed (that a word) the Sith and he watches it back daily.

We play the Star Wars Lego PS2 game for hours. He loves to be Grievous with the 4 light sabers. My wife , bless her. this is a Comic Book, Star Wars, Transformers and Video Game house and she deals with it .

Mu God my son is the exact same. General Grevious is the ultimate cool villain becuase of the multiple light sabers. Of course I had to get 4 light sabers for him to play with and pretend to be Grevious, which amuses me to no end to watch him try to juggle them in order to use them.

The Lego: Star Wars game has been played and played and played. He would not let me rest until I unlocked Episode IV. Now, it's when are they gonna come out with the second game for Episode I-III.

Another favorite is the Transformers game. I got stuck fighting Starscream on the second level, so I had to look up the cheats in order to beat him.

My son wants me to read him a comic book at night before bed, although he wants the bronze age books to be read. Have you ever realized how many words are in a bronze age book. They sure don't make them like that anymore.

My son wants me to read him a comic book at night before bed, although he wants the bronze age books to be read. Have you ever realized how many words are in a bronze age book. They sure don't make them like that anymore.

You should bust out some 70s Kirby. With his distinctive dialogue inflections, it could be pretty entertaining to read aloud.

I didn't know the ever luvin Thing was an open wheel racer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He seems more the Nascar type.

I also see you have the Chick Magnet shirt on him, any luck with that? 27_laughing.gif

Ze-

That Lego star wars is awsome. I still have not unlocked the secret level yet. The Lego star wars 2 will be released on Sept 12. My son has it written down.

That Transformers game is also his favorite . We used the cheats from day one so we can fight the bosses (star scream and Megatron) right away. Great game.

That Lego star wars is awsome. I still have not unlocked the secret level yet. The Lego star wars 2 will be released on Sept 12. My son has it written down.

That Transformers game is also his favorite . We used the cheats from day one so we can fight the bosses (star scream and Megatron) right away. Great game.

I'll be sure to inform of the release date. That will make his day.

btw, I would also recommend Marvel: Nemesis. It's a side-scrolling fighting game, another favorite.

I didn't know the ever luvin Thing was an open wheel racer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He seems more the Nascar type.

I also see you have the Chick Magnet shirt on him, any luck with that? 27_laughing.gif

Ze-

Strictly dirt track for Ben Grimm!

And no, no ladies yet. Let him enjoy life for a few years first. Baw-haw-haw!

lol. I got Marvel Nemisis 3 weeks ago. We have had some great battles. He loves that game. I buy the used games for a few bucks so I get them as they show up in the used rack. I just got Jedi starfighters for $5 the other day but have not yet given it to him.

I read my son comics. he likes the marvel universe issues where you get details of characters. I mostly read those oversized marvel treasurys to him. I knew they would come in handy one day.