• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Con Report

143 posts in this topic

i happened to knock up my ex wife a couple of weeks ago, so now my purchasing will be limited.

CONFUCIOUS SAY STAY AWAY FROM EX-WIVES.

Sorry Pirate. frown.gif

Just making the point that some of us do get women.

i happened to knock up my ex wife a couple of weeks ago, so now my purchasing will be limited.

Sorry Pirate. frown.gif

Most of the people on here are married and have kids.

Guys, we are only comic book collectors!! This is getting weird. Can any of you guys get girls in your real life..???893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Please explain for the audience. confused.gif us stupid.

BTW...I have been married 18 years with four children aged 9-17. yay.gif

In court, and under the law, I would likely win this case as what you agreed to constitutes a sales contract. October made a public offer. You accepted. Consideration is the comic book. You did so in writing (via PM or email or public acceptance).

I'm pretty sure I'd win that case.

First off, this wasn't a public offer(if I remember correctly). I was sent an e-mail asking if I wanted the book.

So Brian, if what you are saying about "e-mails being contracts" is true, how about if someone from another state sends me an e-mail saying he will sell me his house for $200,000.00 and I send a return e-mail saying I will buy it. I go all the way to his state to give him the money and he refuses to sell me the his house. Do you think the courts in his state would rule in my favor because of those e-mails..???!! With no signed documents.......??!! I don't think so.

Let me say this, these are only comic books. I will spend my money on what books I want to spend my money on. No one is forced to sell me thier books and I am not forced to purchase them. If I don't want your book at the end of the day, I won't buy it. If you don't want to sell it to me at the end of the day, you don't have to sell me your book(s) and I will harbor no ill-feelings about either scenario.

As for this chucklehead in Ilinois, I could care less about that freak. He is nothing to me, just as I should be nothing to him. If he has a hard-on over this, too bad for him. I still have my $220 and am very happy I did not give him 1 full day's pay!

If no one wants my money, that's cool, too. I will feel no pain about not sending anyone my hard-earned well-deserved pay I recieve from United Parcel Service.

Guys, we are only comic book collectors!! This is getting weird. Can any of you guys get girls in your real life..???893scratchchin-thumb.gif

comcast:

yes, emails can constitute a writing sufficient to evidence a contract, so you are wrong in thinking that it can't without someone signing...

Sorry Pirate. frown.gif

Long as she was worth it old man, long as she was worth it!!! thumbsup2.gif

Please explain for the audience. confused.gif

Who knows what he is talking about, obviously he has a screw loose. Sterotyping himself? screwy.gif

i mean, let's say you offered a guy $200 for his 6.0 ST 110 and after four days you never heard anything so you pm him and find out he got an offer of $225 for the book from someone else and sold it?

would you be ticked off? would you want to buy from that dude again?

No, I would not get ever get mad at a comic purchase because "business is business" and these are just comic books.

Let me say this to all again, these are just FREAKIN' COMIC BOOKS!! If someone can get more money for a book from someone else, go for it. If I can get a better book for my money, I will do the same. makepoint.gif

Do they call this transference or something in psychological circles? You know, where you have a certain behavior and you assume everyone else is the same way.

comcast:

yes, emails can constitute a writing sufficient to evidence a contract, so you are wrong in thinking that it can't without someone signing...

Yeah sure, go ask the senior partners in your law firm if that "evidence" will win you the case...??

How would you know I sent them and not my 10 year old kid..?? How would you know that someone else didn't send them that was sitting in front of my PC..??

No offense, there is no way that would hold up in court, no way....................

The only winners would be lawyers.......................... grin.gif

this isn't a brick-and-mortar store where you can take your items to the counter and then decide which ones you want to buy. the only way deals work here is if both buyers and sellers come through on their word to buy or sell.

Now this is very funny!!! I am "obligated" to buy comic books now because I can't "decide" what to buy at the counter...??

Ha, ha, ha, I "have to" buy.................................now that's freakin' funny

comcast:

Yeah sure, go ask the senior partners in your law firm if that "evidence" will win you the case...??

How would you know I sent them and not my 10 year old kid..?? How would you know that someone else didn't send them that was sitting in front of my PC..??

No offense, there is no way that would hold up in court, no way....................

The only winners would be lawyers.......................... grin.gif

You really have no idea what you're talking about dude -- and it takes far too long to explain all the nuances. And since I am the equivalent of a managing partner at my firm -- so... I will ask myself.

Anyway -- it's irrelevant. This isn't a legal issue to me. And this isn't between you and me -- so... no real point in going on about it.

this isn't a brick-and-mortar store where you can take your items to the counter and then decide which ones you want to buy. the only way deals work here is if both buyers and sellers come through on their word to buy or sell.

Now this is very funny!!! I am "obligated" to buy comic books now because I can't "decide" what to buy at the counter...??

Ha, ha, ha, I "have to" buy.................................now that's freakin' funny

either i've not done a good enough job explaining myself, or you just don't understand the meaning of "bargaining in good faith."

please don't insult the both of us by bidding or pming if i ever have anything to sell. it's just not worth the hassle either way

One dealer had a VG(minus) copy of Strange Tales #110(his grade) with a sticker price on it of $375. I took the book over to Gary Platt and he said it was a VG- and worth about $175. I told this guy that the guide price for VG was $225 and he said he would sell it for $200(about VG- anyway) after I said I would give him $150. He said "No" and then I offered to meet him in the middle at $175(I need that book!) and he said "no" again and that he would rather keep it and bring it back to his store where people are in "awe of it"(his words). Was he fawking kidding me...?? I was going to hand him $175 and he walked away from a "sale" over freakin' $25 for a book he had over-priced at $375(a scam).

I just don't get dealers with these attitudes and over pricing of books. Don't they want to move thier stock at all.....??

No one is forced to sell me thier books and I am not forced to purchase them. If I don't want your book at the end of the day, I won't buy it. If you don't want to sell it to me at the end of the day, you don't have to sell me your book(s) and I will harbor no ill-feelings about either scenario.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Ha, ha, ha, we had a "contract" for a comic book..?? I "screwed you over" for not buying a comic book from you...?? My "word should count for something" concerning a purchase of a comic book...???

Unfortunately for me, one of my recent comic auctions was won by an ebayer who seems to share your philosophy, and who seems similarly unconcerned about any sense of obligation. The good news is, she's apparently female...I just may have found a soulmate for you. thumbsup2.gif

Ha, ha, ha, we had a "contract" for a comic book..?? I "screwed you over" for not buying a comic book from you...?? My "word should count for something" concerning a purchase of a comic book...???

On a web site,one of the only ways to judge a person is by actions and word.Your action of bailing out on a deal you accepted is bad,but your pathetic attempts to justify it are beyond the pale. I can only hope you are still a kid and will eventually learn better. Your "word" should count. No matter if you are buying a stick of gum or a house.

You have a lot of growing up to do. Perhaps it should be done elsewhere.

On a web site,one of the only ways to judge a person is by actions and word.

Totally agree with this statement. In a small community like we have here on the boards, a persons actions far outweigh their word.

On a web site,one of the only ways to judge a person is by actions and word.Your action of bailing out on a deal you accepted is bad,but your pathetic attempts to justify it are beyond the pale. I can only hope you are still a kid and will eventually learn better. Your "word" should count. No matter if you are buying a stick of gum or a house.

You have a lot of growing up to do. Perhaps it should be done elsewhere.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

In a small community like we have here on the boards, a persons actions far outweigh their word.

Yet somehow this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed has mannaged to give equal weight to his word(s) and his actions.

Bravo! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Unfortunately for me, one of my recent comic auctions was won by an ebayer who seems to share your philosophy, and who seems similarly unconcerned about any sense of obligation. The good news is, she's apparently female...I just may have found a soulmate for you. thumbsup2.gif

First off, this was not an Ebay auction!! This was a purchase discussed via e-mail. What don't you brickheads understand about that....??

If I "back out" of the purchase it's just the same as if I decide not to buy at a show with the book in hand and the dealer in front of me.

I am the buyer. If I finally decide not to buy, that is my choice.

This was not a "public sale".

Please, get off your high horses.