• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroclix?

10 posts in this topic

D,

As Julian has already stated, HeroClix is a variation based on a miniatures game engine from a company called WizKids. They have several variations using the same rough gaming engine. Mage Knight, a fantasy roleplaying variation was the original and the HeroClix followed thereafter. There are Marvel, DC, and Indy Hero Clix, a variation based on Mech Warrior, another based on the Microsoft computer game, Crimson Skies, and a new one coming out soon with larger figures based on the Shadowrun roleplaying game.

I have myself looked into the game a bit and I'm going to teach my kids (and myself) to play in hopes that they'll give up those awful Yu-gi Oh cards. It's either Hero Clix or Magic the Gathering...anything but Yu-gi Oh...

I've heard it's a very addictive game and quite fun to play, though I haven't played myself. There's another game that is similar that uses robots (can't remember the name) that is more popular apparently.