• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 2 rumors...

31 posts in this topic

From Rottentomatoes.com

"Some good news and bad news seems to be floating around regarding the "Hulk" sequel. Word is that Eric Bana is entirely out of the running for the follow-up, but also that the flick might harken back to the classic 1970s series that old folks like me remember fondly."

foreheadslap.gif

Sounds like the nail in the coffin for me...

From Rottentomatoes.com

"Some good news and bad news seems to be floating around regarding the "Hulk" sequel. Word is that Eric Bana is entirely out of the running for the follow-up, but also that the flick might harken back to the classic 1970s series that old folks like me remember fondly."

foreheadslap.gif

Sounds like the nail in the coffin for me...

Why? Is your 2 cents going to completely derail the popularity of one of the most iconic comic character's of the last 30 years?

thumbsup2.gif

The worst part of the first movie was the first 45 min. before he becomes the Hulk...so that being out of the way, the movie might actually be not to bad 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The worst part of the first movie was the first 45 min. before he becomes the Hulk...so that being out of the way, the movie might actually be not to bad 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The main problem with the movie is that the CGI Hulk costs lots of money to put on screen, which is why it took 45 minutes to see him. Cost savings.

I can't imagine the sequel having a larger budget, so I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.

When it comes to depicting superheroes on the screen, I just want them to get the "powers" right. I mean, the first Hulk movie got it right (not saying the movie was great), but the powers were in line with the comic. The TV show was not, and that is what bugs me most with the TV series.

I hope they get HULK 2 off the ground and in production.

The first HULK I liked a lot, and I understand that HULK did not appear for almost an hour into that movie, but it was still well done. General Ross was cast perfect a la JJ Jameson of the SPIDEY movies.

There is one thing that needs noting: The HULK was too big in physical stature. Looking at the THING of FF lore, the THING was 6' 2" maybe 6' 5" tops. He did not tower over the other three and/or regular people( the extras, etc). Now the HULK semed to be around 12' or maybe larger. If Marvel has their brains on, and they plan on cross-casting of all of the movied-supered characters, this needs correcting. A HULK vs. THING fight is gonna sell more tickets than Tyson-Holyfield 1 but it won't sell if the HULK is puching a midget.

CAL the sometimes movie fan... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They seem to be going in the opposite direction. Are they going to show Bruce (David) hitchhiking for half the movie?! foreheadslap.gif

The one thing that pizzed me off with the TV show and the Movie was them making

Hulk a mute. I hope that changes in Hulk 2.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

They seem to be going in the opposite direction. Are they going to show Bruce (David) hitchhiking for half the movie?! foreheadslap.gif

That would be a tough -script.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"HULK MAD!!!"

"HULK SMASH!!!!"

That would be a tough -script.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"HULK MAD!!!"

"HULK SMASH!!!!"

He was created as a frankenstein type monster with a low intelect -

what do you expect?

To me it just doesn't seem like the comics come alive without that...

those dumbarse phrases are a real essential part of the character...

almost like Bond when he introduces himself "Bond... James Bond" and orders his fav drink...

"I'll have a martini shaken not stirred"

hail.gif

when he picks up the SILVER SURFER like he did in TTA 93 the HULK said " Hey! You are light as a feather!!!" then Mr. Radd Zaps him...

yeah - they gotta make the HULK talk and just hope most of the audience forgot HULK 1...

CAL the Louis B. Meyer wanna-be! insane.gif