• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pirates plunder the box office

32 posts in this topic

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" raked in a lot of doubloons at North American theaters over the weekend, making a record $132 million in its first three days, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday.

Walt Disney Co.'s adventure sequel, starring Johnny Depp as the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, surpassed industry expectations of an opening in the $100 million range. The previous three-day record of $115 million was set by "Spider-Man" in May 2002.

Guess that answers the summer blockbuster question....

and when the second week drops to -75% due to word of mouth (sucked), then what will it be.

I didn't think it was that bad...

It was a summer popcorn flick, plain and simple - get a couple of laughs

see a couple of things blow up, beat the heat... etc. etc.

I gave it about a 7 out of 10...

anyhoo we've been talking about this for awhile in this thread...

thumbsup2.gif

Hey What's a pirates favorite NY train line? The Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Funny, no?

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

ITALY WINS THE WORLD CUP!!!!

I AM A HAPPY PERSON FOR 4 YEARS!

V

That was certainly an intense final.

Even though I'm a Brazilian fan, I'll still give Italy credit for defeating Germany, beating a tough French team, and surviving a ferocious head butt! insane.gif

Pirate is just mad that he wasn't in the movie.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first and just adds to the overall dull summer movie season of 06. Believe me if it was excellent I would say so as i hate blowing money on bad movies like everyone.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first and just adds to the overall dull summer movie season of 06. Believe me if it was excellent I would say so as i hate blowing money on bad movies like everyone.

I plan on watching it this weekend. I have 1 person in my office who liked it and 1 who didn't.

That was certainly an intense final.

Yes...the 40+ minutes where nobody scored was riveting. The "highlight" of the game that most people are talking about is when Zidane headbutted Materazzi.

Soccer. sleeping.gif

1 billion people would disagree. wink.gif

Hey, to each his own. thumbsup2.gif

I plan on watching it this weekend. I have 1 person in my office who liked it and 1 who didn't.

I would say that Dead Man's Chest is a lot like the Roger Moore Bond movies of the 70's...

Very Campy yet full of bizzare stunts and situations, not the best movie in the world but a

good one for what it does. A summer popcorn flick that gives someone something to do

to beat the manotany of a hot day.

Besides Johnny Depp acting like Keith Richards in pirate gear is a train wreck styled

"hard to look away from" performance - which in a weird way I find oddly entertaining

in an of itself.

smile.gif

Sure, but 1 billion people also consider raw squid eyes a delicacy. tongue.gif

I've tried to watch it, but I always end up stabbing myself in the forehead with a fork just to make sure I haven't slipped into a coma.

But, hey...more power to the fans. Viva la Soccer. yay.gif

Sure, but 1 billion people also consider raw squid eyes a delicacy. tongue.gif

I've tried to watch it, but I always end up stabbing myself in the forehead with a fork just to make sure I haven't slipped into a coma.

But, hey...more power to the fans. Viva la Soccer. yay.gif

There's nothing wrong with not liking the sport. I presonally feel the same way about watching golf, or even Baseball (unless it's the playoffs or I'm at the game). It doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but just my personal opinion.

As far as scoring is concerned, you could have a 4-3 soccer match that is played terribly by both teams, while a 1-0 game is really exciting. Just like Baseball, the score doesn't dictate how the game is played. Are there some 0-0 snoozers where both teams go into a shell..........absolutely, but they're not all like that.

As far as the head butt is concerned, I'm sure if Shaq did that to Dirk in game 7 with 6 minutes left, we'd be talking about that as well. smile.gif

About the same number who eat bugs, so follow their lead on that too!!

Joe, are you referring to those people in the rainforests who like to eat their giant screaming cockroaches roasted to perfection? If so, then yes, soccer and bug eating go hand in hand. I always knew there was a connection somewhere. wink.gif

Scott