• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Captain America Comics #26

23 posts in this topic

I think its far better than a 4.0. Looks like the book has some general wear, along with the standard bindery tear on the bottom left, small piece in the upper right missing along with minor chipping on the right edge. As long as that is just a bindery tear and does not extend into a spine split, I'd say 5.5.

no can do - suffice to say, it's as nice as the front and go from there...I'm not sending it to CGC, just looking for a few opinions on grade/value...

Does it have upper or lower spine splits? Does the back cover have chipping similar to the front?

Without some more information any grade you get here isn't going to be worth much. Could be anywhere from 4.0-6.0. confused-smiley-013.gif

Assuming the back is like the front, I agree with the 4.0. The book has great color, but corner wear (and spine splits?). There's one 4.0 on the census...and here it is:

cap26.jpg

Well, I certainly would NOT call that "4.0" a 4.0. There must be something wrong with it that cannot be seen from the scan.

It has light water stains (you can see them along the top edge). gossip.gif

Just did a double-check. There is definitely NOT a spine split - but the spine does show wear consistent with shape of the book - there are several horizontal tears across the spine - the most significant being the one by the "No. 26"

The back cover is fine - general wear - no tears or pieces missing. I cannot find any waters stains of the front cover though and this appears to be an unrestored copy after a thorough untrained search.

I bought this copy off of eBay many years ago and was very happy with this copy's condition relative to the price that I paid. This is my favorite cover ever! I remember staring at a little picture of it in the Overstreet Price Guide in 1986 (I think) and had been looking for an affordable copy for years. What was most important to me was that I owned a copy that had maintained the original bright cover luster - which this cover definitely has. I am very proud to own this copy as #26 does not come up for sale too often.

Any opinions on its value/FMV?

The colors are freakin' gorgeous sumo.gif and they appear to be true (note relationship of blues to reds) 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Absolutely, a 5.0 even with the edge and corner wear - book's got a lot going for it 893applaud-thumb.gif