• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Captain America Comics #26

23 posts in this topic

The Grading Bastiche says...4.0 but be aware it is not uncommon for these GA Captain American Comics to be restored. So, if you are confident that it is not. I say CGC It( smile.gif ). You are looking at a $500 or so dollar book unrestored and a great addition to your collection.

Is it really worth it to get it CGC'd? If I dropped it off at a local con where CGC was - how much would that cost me (if I was in no rush)?

THANKS!

It would cost you about $50+ to get it graded ($49 standard tier, minus 20% discount, plus sh/ins back to you). Is it worth it? I imagine most people here will say that if you're not going to sell it it's not worth it, but if it was mine, I would get it graded. Between my Collector's Society coupons (membership is $100/year, and you get 3 coupons for submittal of books up to $4000 in value) and submitting a few books here and there using regular means, over the last 3-4 years I've slowly been getting all my better books ($500+) slabbed, and this one fits that bill. For the most part, I'm sending them in to confirm they're unrestored (fortunately I've only had one "suprise" to date). In fact, I should be getting grades back on my Caps 27 and 41 this week!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif